Stephen Elop: more Nokia Asha phones coming in a few days
0. phoneArena 07 May 2013, 09:02 posted on
While Nokia has the Lumia lineup to meet the needs of demanding smartphone users, it also has a family of phones that are aimed at consumers on a really, really tight budget. Of course, we're talking about the Asha series of affordable phones, the priciest of which will set you back no more than $70 or so off-contract. And you know what, more of them are coming really, really soon...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Mr. Elop, keep the Ashas coming! :)
- Cheap and cheerful! :)
5. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
I thought you'd say "I compliment Nokia and you say I'm awfully cheesy. Sigh =.=' "
But you didn't. :/
12. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Wait for 2 days New Delhi, India event is coming up on 9th may! So definitely new Asha will uncover!
13. akki20892 (Posts: 3896; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Full touch asha is coming but it looks more likely square......!!!
2. AndiAllDay (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
***I dont think people are looking at the cheapness of phones in price anymore; people want the latest technology in them...and those phones are very UGLY in form and shapes,
11. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I have to disagree on that. You may want latest technology but some people just want a phone to make call. Not everybody wants the latest high tech piece. These phones have a beautiful design for a feature phone. That's a great Bonus for people who wants just a feature phone who looks beautiful. If you want the latest high tech piece there is always Nokia Lumia 920 & Samsung Galaxy 4. Moreover there are more high end Nokia coming. Nokia is just serving the different markets.
6. juandante (Posts: 462; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Continue making Asha cheap dumbphone while others make Android cheap smartphones.
Man this Stephen Elop is so sad incompetent. He definitely wants to sink Nokia.
8. Adler374 (Posts: 4; Member since: 07 May 2013)
I like the the looks of the 210. Since it comes with all important clients for sn, this could be a better solution for texting than an Android if battery life is double or triple than what you usually get out of a smartphone.
But it wouldn't harm for Nokia to finally enter the Android market with a similiar line up. Can't wait for their marriage with MS coming to an end.
9. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
The keyboard looks ok at best and the design looks stupid because they could have made the screen much bigger
10. hkxm8 (Posts: 64; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Asha ??? with:
- Projector (like SS Galaxy Beam).
- >= 5mp camera + dual flash (Xenon is good but no thank)
- >2700mAh battery. (yeah)
- 3,2-> 3,5 inch(16:10 or 5:3) ClearBlack. WVGA is enough. (C6-01 v2013?)
- Very compact but not so slim.
- Decent music quality, good call quality and good signal strengh.
- Price: 100-220 US$ off-contract.
Just something that i can really rely on in ... some situation.
15. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
water and dust resistant,
than i will replace my E6-00
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Bring back the quality Eseries™
These are cheap low quality unpreformance devices®
Get rid of Elop.
Bring the old-skool Nokia back please©
17. reindeer_nation (Posts: 14; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Am I the only one who likes these!?