Stay tuned for our iPhone 5 event coverage!
0. phoneArena 12 Sep 2012, 08:40 posted on
Apple's iPhone 5 announcement event is scheduled to begin at 10AM Pacific Time today. Stay with PhoneArena, as we'll be covering every single detail surrounding the announcement, the new iPhone, as well as anything else that might happen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. gregoryyy3 (unregistered)
It's finally here!!!!
3. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
The way phonearena had all these iphone articles for the past few weeks made it feel like it was already here .....
4. Gaurav008 (Posts: 283; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Let us see..Whathe Epic Marketing Team From Apple Can come with this time..:)
5. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
Not gonna get 1 but still wants to know what's the latest and greatest from apple!
6. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 805; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I need to be amuse today somehow eitherway.
9. Temppu (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
The iphone hype has been so big, that i want to stay tuned. I cant wait the iphone 5. This is allmost scary, becouse I HATE apple.
23. whysoserious (Posts: 317; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Don't falter, soldier. Raise arms and prepare for war. I got your back.
54. parthpatels007 (Posts: 53; Member since: 27 May 2011)
yeah i'll choose a lumia instead of iphone anyday!
15. jshan (Posts: 199; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
Nokia is a good phone company b4 long time ago... But now they should b improve than now. I think if they too gonna make some android devices then they will more success than present..
21. matrix_neo (Posts: 325; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I agree also. If they choose android, they might earning now as well. they are both good in hardware and software, they might bring android to a next level.
13. champ_vl (Posts: 44; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
I must admit, even though I don't to buy an iPhone, I am really curious about this new one. Another huge disappointment like the 4S ??
19. xtian1103 (Posts: 361; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
problem is... that disappointment that you are talking about outsold any other phones out there from it's launch until last month. that is the sad truth.
27. Synack (Posts: 669; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Consumers are known for buying useless products. We really shouldn't even look at the sales numbers anymore. We all know deep down that top Android phones are better.
44. moofoodooloo (Posts: 137; Member since: 04 Jan 2011)
Why are they better? Is there factual evidence of one os being clearly superior over the other? I'd love to see it if there is. Otherwise accept the fact that it's a matter of opinion and just because others may disagree with you, doesn't make anyone wrong or right.
17. spoks (Posts: 44; Member since: 01 Jun 2012)
where is the LIVEBLOG phonearena??? get it online now... it seems like you're not prepared for this event...
18. matrix_neo (Posts: 325; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Number 5, they might be unveiling 5 new devices including the new iphone. Their ipod touch might be supporting call and text function just to regain market shares and expand their business portfolio. Still unpredictable, apple event either a fail or successful. Im not an apple fan, but there is an excitement from me as well. 4 hours more to go... Good luck to all ifans...
25. Yassham (Posts: 28; Member since: 09 Jan 2011)
Phonearena , it's 5 PM GMT , not 6 PM . Correct that
26. imran_khan0786 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
I want only lumia 920 because its not open source like android or nor restricted like I phone. Good combination Nokia and Microsoft. Means good software and good hardware.
48. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Nokia use to, not anymore, its Android and ios ruling.
31. Dejan (Posts: 17; Member since: 24 Mar 2012)
Oh common guys hater comments again...really???Wtf is wrong with you i can't really understand!Hey i am an android user and i still want to see how this phone will look like wigh respect to Apple.I mean common just hold on for a few hours till phone is presented and than put your comments about the phone.I mean the phone is not presented yet and you already hate it?How is that possible???
34. good2great (Posts: 1040; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
counting on you to deliver as well as you always have Ray S. !!!
don't screw this up! hahahaha
35. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
However it turns out Apple is guaranteed sales. The legions of people who would buy it just because it is an iPhone. But if it comes with NFC the good thing is it will become very popular and we will see more of it.
42. moofoodooloo (Posts: 137; Member since: 04 Jan 2011)
A tremendous amount if my iPhone sales have come from people who have previously owned low to midrange android phones that have been garbage. With all of these android devices on all sorts of different manufacturers, it's turned into a crapshoot of which phone is going to last and which phone is going to crap out in 12 months. There is a tremendous demand for phones that are going to last for at least two years, and like it or not, Apple makes a damn solid, stable device. People flock to the Apple logo because they know what they are getting and what to expect from it. Not saying there aren't some quality androids out there, but it sure has turned into a crapshoot.
56. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
You mean to tell me the majority of your iPhone sales aren't from existing iPhone customers or sheeple? Because I know my customers are. Sounds like you want to believe something that isn't true.
39. frustyak (Posts: 173; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
Just for fun I'm keeping my browser on Apple's iPhone page, and then around 1 (Eastern time) I'll keep refreshing the page to see if/when the page magically flips from the iPhone 4S to the new iPhone.
40. moofoodooloo (Posts: 137; Member since: 04 Jan 2011)
Sure are a lot of curious haters? Why are the android legions tuning in at all? Don't you guys have better things to do, like force close some apps?
41. Kakarotto (Posts: 103; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
OKAAAY, today is the day of iPhone and we have to survive it somehow. All news about cr@pple and bulls**t. But don't worry, this is only one day in a year. Because another 365 days belongs to ANDROID :D
43. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
gonna stay up all night to watch this :-)
50. The_Innovation (Posts: 574; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
If they give a Quad-Core processor, with a 13mp camera, people will go insane. Heck, might even earn our respect a tad bit.
But looking at the battery being "slightly", bigger than the 4S, that's highly unlikely.
But I have to admit, all the rivalry aside, I do miss watching Jobs do these keynotes.
52. doc3pac (Posts: 6; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
People are forgetting that the iphone 5 is going to be immediately banned if it has LTE capabilities and now they are saying it will have NFC at the last moment? There is another patent google owns. The patent war has just begun and apple is about to eat some of its own s**t that it has been handing out to companies like HTC and Sammy.
55. werzzmy40 (Posts: 6; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
Look I'm not a hater I own a iPhone 4s but if the rumors are true about the new features I'm gonna be pretty disappointed. I might as well keep my 4s. As of right now I'm on the fence about trading up to an android. I need a game changer