Starbucks announces nationwide rollout of wireless charging
0. phoneArena 12 Jun 2014, 21:13 posted on
Introduced last year in Silicon Valley, Starbucks announced plans for a nationwide rollout of providing...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. fzacek (Posts: 2326; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
What? Are they retarded, seriously? Why wouldn't they use Qi wireless charging? PMA is useless and unsupported, there is absolutely no point in implementing it...
6. Augustine (Posts: 816; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Indeed, such Duracell mats were by the gates in the Phoenix airport and they were useless to my Nexus 5.
14. sgodsell (Posts: 1570; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Didn't broadcom announce a little while back a wireless charging chip set that supports all wireless charging standards currently on the market.
7. vincelongman (Posts: 1807; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I haven't heard much about PMA, is faster than Qi?
Does it work with metal phones?
I think maybe its so Duracell can sell their adaptors/charging cases
8. oborawatabinost (Posts: 45; Member since: 18 May 2014)
PMA is pretty much exactly the same if possibly a little worse than Qi, and that is excluding compatibility. There are currently 0 advantages to PMA
10. fzacek (Posts: 2326; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
And why exactly is Starbucks implementing it if there are 0 phones that are compatible with it?
2. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4803; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Way to go Starbucks. Now I'll have to continue fighting some schmo for a seat by an outlet.
15. engineer-1701d (Posts: 1492; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
thats why you need an android so you wont run out of power unlike the iphone, the only reason to use pma is iphone wireless charging case.
i hate when i see people like you in stores sitting charging phones and laptops like at starbucks and panera bread, so mad i want to break there fingers
16. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Well true said. I always see them bunch of iDimwits everywhere charging their iPhones everywhere. That's sick and turns you off. They go through all these anxiety and stress, just to pose and show off with the Apple logo. The funny thing going is, they think and class themselves so posh and classy having an iPhone, that even dustbin cleaners and janitors use them. Lmao. That's funny. Wth.
Stingy iFruit still iMilking us and not providing us with a higher 1900Mah battery. And extra 1Gb of Ram.
3. lyndon420 (Posts: 1894; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
This will drive some innovation into this market.
4. wilsong17 (Posts: 1146; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
lol i love going to those place.. there is android app which could take everyone log password to social media lol
there also is wifi kill app with root and you can kick every out
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6819; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Not a big fan of Star Bucks. I like LaColombe better. They serve REAL COFFE if anyone hadn't heard of this company.
13. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4803; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
You know Starbucks, not Star Bucks, sell more than just coffee.
18. Blazers (Posts: 259; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Yeah the owner has a show on the Travel Channel.
This company is more into distribution of their coffee to high end restaurants around the country, rather then cafés. They only have a few cafés (most in the east), so not surprised it's not well known.
9. oborawatabinost (Posts: 45; Member since: 18 May 2014)
YES! PMA charging will bring so many new customers to Starbucks like....well....there was that one phone that...no that was Qi. Um....oh the nexus!....no that's Qi. What about the G3...Qi. Um....yea no one will use these.
11. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3803; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Starbucks, ATT, Microsoft. All have gone with PMA. Because no matter what, the underdog, Qi, must never be allowed to succeed.
12. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
wireless charging for mac please :)
macbook + starbucks = rejoice :)
17. kosal (Posts: 15; Member since: 19 Oct 2013)
This indirectly indicates the iPhone 6 is having wireless charging.