Sprint's version of the Samsung GALAXY Nexus needs update to repair connectivity issue
0. phoneArena 27 Apr 2012, 17:08 posted on
Sure, you wouldn't expect the Sprint variant of the Samsung GALAXY Nexus to offer LTE connectivity because the carrier does not offer LTE service yet; the problem is that the model is having problems hooking up to Sprint's 3G network...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Markizzle21 (Posts: 30; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
How is it this happens?
Seriously Sprint/Samsung. Test the damn device properly before releasing it. How is this a miss on the radar of making sure a phone works. This is just horrible. No Lte up yet and users can't even use 3g. I lol at this. Hopefully the Htc evo 4g LTE doesn't have this problem. Might as well credit each user a prorated credit for what they don't get to use for the time frame.
37. pattypatterson (Posts: 48; Member since: 28 May 2010)
Everyone knows Samsung has the weakest signal strength of any phone...I can't remember the last time a new Samsung smart phone came out that didnt have a reception issue and this is going back to the instinct, if you can even call that a smart phone.
38. blazee (Posts: 410; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
i really have no connectivity issues on my verizon galaxy nexus whatsoever. I had a D2 before this phone and i see a better reception on my gnex then my motorola. I bet you dont even own a samsung phone just circulating the rumors you have read online.
41. lsutigers (Posts: 820; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Ehh, this is a well known issue with Samsung Radios. Compare your Galaxy Nexus with a Moto RAZR and you will see the difference, its not just on Sprint.
Motorola is well known for quality radios, Samsung is well known for the opposite.
43. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
mmhmm! ever notice that Football Coaches always wear big Motorola Headsets?
45. pattypatterson (Posts: 48; Member since: 28 May 2010)
Actually I use the galaxy s2 and is by far the worst signal strength I have had to deal with since the instinct...
2. crysiswarmonger (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
I am not suprised. Samsung Moment and Sprint ...some of you out there will know exactly what I mean.
3. shamataa (Posts: 217; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
This is funny. A good device and it already has a problem.
5. torr310 (Posts: 861; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I feel screwed up when I buy something that waiting for the fix.
6. steenko (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Guys, check my little project about Galaxy SIII:http://www.nextgalaxybirthday.
It's a little bit buggy on IE but Chrome, Firefox, Safari works ok.
New Galaxy - can't wait :)
8. Mark.J.Linskiy (unregistered)
Nice, that was pretty cool. Lol, maybe Samsung will hook you up.
12. paulyyd (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
@steenko well thats f**king cute. i don't know where you from but in america we don't just give out things for free to complete strangers, WE WORK FOR THEM like everyone else, just cause its your birthday doesn't mean a god dang thing, so get your ass a job if you want something. thats what everyone else does bucko
20. steenko (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Well, I really can't wait for new Galaxy and this project was just a little idea that came to me because of coincidence of dates - I am sorry you misunderstand my point.
And your only assumption is wrong - I have a good job and I am working 10 to 14 hours a day and this project was my personal piece of creation.
26. Pdubb (Posts: 248; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
America??!! The land of the FREE! We expect free things all the time. Phonearena and Radio Shack are giving away a phone for free for the third time in recent weeks I think. Besides that was darn creative. WTG steenko!
31. max9777 (Posts: 78; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)
paulyyd, You are probably one of those American douche bags who says that immigrants steal jobs from you? If you have nothing nice to say to a persons Idea than keep your Dumb criticism to yourself.
Why try to put someone down for a creative idea?
Does it make you feel better?
Do you want a pacifier and your moms tit to make you feel better and wanted in this world?
Good Job steenko, was a clever little project
44. steenko (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Thanks guys, I am glad you like it - say yes to creative ideas :)
16. alpinejason (Posts: 262; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
love what you did also i must admit that was pretty clever
7. PC_Surgeon (Posts: 7; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Sprint needs more than a software update to fix their connectivity issues.
9. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
lol Sprint in GENERAL needs to fix their network issues.
I had the Samsung Epic, awesome phone, HORRIBLE network connection.
Samsung Epic Touch, AMAZING phone, HORRIBLE network connection.
And now this, the Galaxy Nexus on Sprint. lol
And I know it its just a Samsung issue. I have never had any connection problems with the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon, nor has my friend had issues with his Droid Charge.
13. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Didn't you say you had really good reception with the 4s
24. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
It was much improved over the android phones I tried out.
18. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I have the Epic 4G Touch, but it hasn't had any issues with connectivity. Just Sprint's abysmal data speeds.
46. GeekMovement (Posts: 2156; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I have an Epic 4G Touch as well and I haven't faced any issues with connectivity, but i can't say it's the strongest either. If Samsung's radios were great it truly would make the galaxy series the best.
32. max9777 (Posts: 78; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)
where do you live? I had GS2 and with Sprint, I traveled cross country with it and did not have any connection issues. Service did drop in my area big time though. I cannot even make a call from my house unless im by the window.
10. italiapride503 (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
How could you people not see this before...it was a major issue with the Verizon version...I just find it rather ammusing that people havent read about these issues before on the Verizon line up before it was released to Sprint...all I can do is laugh!!