Sprint's Samsung Galaxy S4 pre-orders delayed at Best Buy
0. phoneArena 29 Apr 2013, 23:49 posted on
Some of you who pre-ordered the Sprint branded Samsung Galaxy S4 from Best Buy might want to check their email as the big box retailer is sending out a message to customers to tell them that its pre-orders for the Sprint version of the new Android flagship model are being delayed and will not be available until May 9th at the earliest and May 20th at the latest...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JMartin22 (limited) (Posts: 973; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
The last two lines of the statement almost literally translated into them saying "Hey, we're sorry we're running behind, but you won't hear us complain about selling you the item if you don't say anything"
2. TheMan (Posts: 402; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
No surprise here. What was the original promised date?
4. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
Best Buy hasn't being having a promised date the past couple years because the OEMs never have enough to sell on their launch date.
3. Troysyx (Posts: 139; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
And this is exactly why i posted NOT to pre-order from best buy every time phone arena said BB was having pre-orders on phones.
6. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
I do not see how it is Best Buy's fault that Samsung had such a supply restraint when they released the phone. Seems to me like it was a premature release and maybe they should of waited till all of the retailers could have some phones to sell before they release the phone.
5. bitslizer (Posts: 20; Member since: 29 Jul 2010)
They just pre-ordered too late, I pre-order the first day it was available for pre-order (actually pretty late in the day that day) and I was able to pick up my white Sprint S4 on Sat 4/27 the first day it was released.
7. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6420; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
another reason NEVER too pre order phones. cause you don't know if it will get delayed.
8. Hexus (Posts: 4; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Just an FYI for people looking to get either the One or S4 on AT&T. If you are starting a new plan or adding a line on a mobile share plan you get a $50 gift card at Best Buy. Also have them price match WalMart. The One is $158 and the s4 is $168.