Sprint's Samsung Galaxy S III gets KitKat update
0. phoneArena 03 May 2014, 11:07 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S III has proven to be an extremely popular handset, one that still finds buyers even when it is two generations old. On Friday, Sprint customers toting the former flagship model received an update to Android 4.4. While the update certainly includes bug fixes and improvements to performance and stability, those with the device might even find some of the newer Samsung features found on the Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy S5...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
This is why Samsung is better than any other Android OEM. DO HTC's, Sony's or LG'S 2012 flagships even have Android 4.3, let alone KitKat They don't bother about their older phones. That's why they struggle in the Android market.
4. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1075; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
The HTC Droid DNA already got KitKat and it is a 2012 device, with that being said the One X was dropped due to Nvidia failing to provide drivers, Samsung is giving great support to their users, let's hope this update is bug free unlike the 4.3 one tho.
5. refillable (Posts: 832; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Nexus 4 does have Kitkat, but you may not count it though. It's a Nexus afterall. Also Droid DNA and HTC Butterfly do have 4.4.2.
Samsung and HTC: Few Updates
Other OEM: No updates
10. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
KitKat kinda sucks on the Nexus 4 too. Personally, I don't think "having KitKat" isn't all that important for older devices.
12. hritikbhimani (Posts: 27; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Apparantly in case of sony..their flagships of 2012 i.e. xperia t and v were updated to android v4.3 a month back and they are still in process for kitkat
So i dnt see hw does dat make samsung any better den them....n ya nt to forget..sammy isnt updating the international gs3 wid 1gb ram citing it doesnt hav enough resources to run samsung touch wiz smoothly.....(as far as i knw kitkat can run well even for 512mb devices)
3. alumoyo (Posts: 259; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
Ashamed to admit I'm a bit of a Samsung hater - but when it comes to updates, they are WAY better than ANYBODY ELSE in the android game. Keep up the good work!
6. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
samsung knows how to keep their top tier customers happy . and that is proven by the sales number
7. somad (Posts: 169; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
OMG it's already May and no kitkat yet for galaxy note 3 verizon. .. really is this fair??
13. GreekGeek (Posts: 955; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
yet I already got my KitKat Note 2 DN3 RoM two weeks ago working ''flawlessly'' lol
11. DnB925Art (Posts: 587; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Next up will be the Sprint Note 2. If the Sprint S3 just got it, my Sprint Note 2 should be forthcoming.
14. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 165; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Dang can't wait for the att version to get here