Sprint's Samsung Galaxy Note 3 gets maintenance update to repair audio bug
Some owners of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 have been complaining about hissing, popping and garbled speech during phone calls and this update should take care of it. While the update is being sent out OTA, Sprint's website cautions you that updates sent in stages could take several days to arrive on your phone. If you haven't yet received the notification that it has arrived on your Galaxy Note 3, you can try to coax it out by going to Settings > General > System update > Update.
source: Sprint via AndroidCentral
1. skymitch89 (Posts: 1199; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Wish I had a Note 3, but I have to wait 98 days, 10 hours, 25 minutes until I can get it via the Sprint One Up program.
5. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i think within this time u ll change ur mind........ like s5, htc one (nxt gen) etc etc
2. kozza3 (Posts: 620; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
cool i guess, someone should have caught that before launch though
3. GeekMovement (Posts: 1914; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I wonder how the call quality compares with the Note II now. Anyways, good news for Note III owners!
4. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 173; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
They sure it's not just Sprint's terrible network?
6. Suitup (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Aug 2012)
Verizon has the same problematic garbled and popping noises during calls. I went through 2 phones before returning it. I am going to wait until their software update is pushed OTA. They have the problem dialed in just waiting for the software to be tested and that could pretty lengthy before Verizon forwards the fix on as we all know how fast they are in that department.
7. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I've experienced the hissing through the earpiece during calls
9. rallyguy (Posts: 618; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I haven't had the hissing, but my N3 likes to drop calls which hopefully this update fixes otherwise it's going back.
8. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
apples having bugs, samsung having bugs. Guess how many bugs i've had with my G2 since i bought it. I've had none, bow down to the real flagship of 2013