Sprint's Nexus models are now receiving Android 4.1 update...really
0. phoneArena 12 Sep 2012, 22:59 posted on
Forgetting the false start last week that led everyone to think that Sprint's version of the Samsung GALAXY Nexus and the Google Nexus S 4G had been updated to Android 4.1, owners of the two devices are reporting that the update has hit the two devices on Wednesday...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
most people who really wanted jelly bean would have moved onto a custom rom...
OEMs need to put more pressure on carriers to release updates quicker. it damages both of their reputations and extra testing won't do anything(testing is necessary but extra testing doesn't give you much)
or just do a beta testing version where users can sign up and bypass the extra testing(but allow verizon to be reported of all errors that appear while running the device)
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
every flag ship phone from every android company needs to have jelly bean......its service like that, that will put nails in the competition and make us feel more confident about our phone selections
time to tighten up android ........make jellybean a main priority from here on out!
2. Sniggly (Posts: 7291; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Once again Verizon fails spectactularly. The Droid Razr Maxx HD is the only, and I mean, only reason they will get my money at this point.
4. imkyle (Posts: 1053; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
don't buy a "Google" phone Verizon anymore.
6. dallasrulz120 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
I don't know where you guys get your information, but i got my update for my sprint galaxy nexus last week. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT
8. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I just updated mine yesterday OTA from Sprint.
10. Jyakotu (Posts: 831; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
My Galaxy Nexus (yes I know this is about the Nexus S) updated to Android 4.1.1 yesterday.
12. lsutigers (Posts: 816; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
This article is about both the Nexus S 4G AND the Galaxy Nexus. They both got updated to Jelly Bean on Sprint only.