Sprint's HTC One price dropped to $99 for new customers
You can get the HTC One on Sprint for only $99 on a two year contract for new activations. This is a limited-time offer by the carrier who is already accepting pre-orders for the One.
The Sprint HTC One is expected to launch on April 19th. The device features a 4.7-inch 1080p display, a quad-core Snapdragon 600 chip and the BoomSound loud and clear stereo sound. Additionally, the HTC One comes with a 4-megapixel Zoe camera that shines in low light situations and also does some neat tricks like automatically create a Highlights Reel from all your photos and images for a given day.
1. Technobri (Posts: 78; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
This is only for new customers...newegg has it for 129.99 for new and existing ..but to be honest ..im still thinking if i should upgrade...beautiful device but on sprints network for another two years?...dont know if they'll get better
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5856; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Sprint has no choice but to upgrade their network. The question is whether your area is on the upgrade roll-out plan and if so, when. If your area won't be getting LTE love any time soon, you might want to consider moving on.
3. Technobri (Posts: 78; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
I'm in NYC ..its probably spotty but I wouldn't know since I have a gs2..sprint does have great customer service though.can't deny
4. a_merryman (Posts: 685; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
If you check out s4gru dot com, they have a map of sprint's current lte towers online and where they're building out/the progress.
5. FlushGordon (unregistered)
That's because HTC is so piss poor they couldnt even spend a dime on advertising, this is the ONLY way to compete against Samsung.
9. chocolaking (Posts: 453; Member since: 22 May 2012)
This is the service provider's strategy.
You are really dumb a stupid statement like this... -_-;
10. Taters (Posts: 3254; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I saw an HTC One ad playing before the previews of Evil Dead. My friends didn't even care or mentioned it and they are in the market for a new phone. Maybe that is why Sprint is lowering it already.
If this trend continues, it will be free on Sprint and $300 on Craigslist in no time.
14. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1611; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
You do realize this is Sprint that is discounting it, they still buy it from HTC at the same price. Sprint is the one most likely hurting from this deal.
6. FlushGordon (unregistered)
My God...Sprint? ;0....no wonder
7. wumberpeb (Posts: 437; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
Hey Phone Arena, you only get it for $99 if you port your number from another carrier. You don't get it if you let them give you a brand new number... and that $100 comes off the price in store of any device as of 4/12, not just the One
11. doubler86 (Posts: 318; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
Exactly this will probably happen with the Galaxy S4 as well, customers get a $100 for porting in a number and/or $100 for getting a landline from Sprint. So you could actually get $199 phones from Sprint (like the One) for free
8. AndiAllDay (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
Another DOA phone; just like the HTC DNA!
13. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1611; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I'm thinking about switching to the big red, whats wrong with the DNA?
12. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1611; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I sent this in like a week ago...old news