Sprint to soon give away a free tablet with each new smartphone purchase?
0. phoneArena 10 Aug 2012, 23:01 posted on
The word from an insider in the know is that Sprint is about to offer a free tablet with the purchase of a new smartphone and to qualify, you will need to sign a two year contract for both devices; the free smartphone is allegedly the ZTE Optik with a 7 inch display...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. insuusvenerati (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Sep 2010)
Actually I wasn't really paying attention in the meeting so it may be sooner : )
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Now thats how you make sales! lol samsung is good in this area i gotta say
4. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
wow to even pay for this tablet is not that bad of a deal.
5. SkOne (Posts: 91; Member since: 02 May 2012)
this tab isn't even worth signing a 2 year contract for.
16. lsutigers (Posts: 803; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Another dumb comment.
Have you ever used this tablet? One of my co-workers recently picked this up and it's actually really good for an entry level tablet. It's a stock Android experience but it's pretty fast with a nice screen and it's well built. SkOne, understand that there is a market for this as not everyone needs a $500+ tablet for basic web browsing / email / video chat use.
18. SkOne (Posts: 91; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Who ever said anything about $500.00? for that price im better off getting a nexus 7 or a galaxy tab 7.0. if my comment was so dumb then there should have been no reason for you to respond to it simple as that.
7. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
It would be cool if you got a free Nexus 7 with any 2 year contract Android phone purchase. The iPad would lose it's crown in less than a year and Android phones will command a larger lead. Maybe then Apple will get more aggressive in the lab or die.
8. medicci37 (Posts: 957; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
The specs seem 2 be good. But if the tablet has been selling 4 under 100$. It doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Would be much cheaper to go with tmobile & buy a Nexus tab.
21. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
meh....its free, so sounds good either way...
10. hawke9150 (Posts: 31; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
All this from a company that spent BILLIONS to get the iPhone. To me it looks like they are trying anything to either keep or get customers so they can pay off Apple.
I wonder if you can get the tablet with the purcase of an iPhone? It would be funny to see.
12. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5932; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
You make it seem like them getting the iPhone was a bad idea. Yes they are doing bad right now but they are attracting new customers with the iphone and unlimited data.
13. moofoodooloo (Posts: 137; Member since: 04 Jan 2011)
Sounds like the strategy of a company to attract more business and increase profit.. Which is the idea of of becoming a business in the first place? Did you think Sprint was a non-profit?
17. khanrehan99 (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Yes, you can combine iphone with it. and its not funny though.
14. DonkeySauce (Posts: 175; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
Actually, if you're a Corporate Liable business customer, its already free anyway.
15. ripp747 (Posts: 20; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Here is a decent 12 minute you yube review of tablet
19. Joshua9007 (Posts: 85; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I wonder how much they charge for a tablet data plan... as it is listed as a $350 off contract price, that means that they are going to make more than $350 off you over the course of the 2yr contract... meaning the nexus 7 is a far better deal as long as you have WiFi. They should just have a deal where you purchase a nexus 7 and agree to sign up for the mobile hotspot feature...
20. falconsndawgs (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Options of $19.99 / month for 2GB of data or $49.99 / month for 6GB of data.