Sprint to soon give away a free tablet with each new smartphone purchase?
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Aug 2012, 23:01
The word from an insider in the know is that Sprint is about to offer a free tablet with the purchase of a new smartphone and to qualify, you will need to sign a two year contract for both devices; the free smartphone is allegedly the ZTE Optik with a 7 inch display...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. insuusvenerati posted on 10 Aug 2012, 23:09 2 0
Actually I wasn't really paying attention in the meeting so it may be sooner : )
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 10 Aug 2012, 23:14 2 0
Now thats how you make sales! lol samsung is good in this area i gotta say
4. Phullofphil posted on 11 Aug 2012, 00:54 4 0
wow to even pay for this tablet is not that bad of a deal.
5. SkOne posted on 11 Aug 2012, 03:12 2 8
this tab isn't even worth signing a 2 year contract for.
16. lsutigers posted on 11 Aug 2012, 14:25 0 0
Another dumb comment.
Have you ever used this tablet? One of my co-workers recently picked this up and it's actually really good for an entry level tablet. It's a stock Android experience but it's pretty fast with a nice screen and it's well built. SkOne, understand that there is a market for this as not everyone needs a $500+ tablet for basic web browsing / email / video chat use.
18. SkOne posted on 11 Aug 2012, 15:59 1 2
Who ever said anything about $500.00? for that price im better off getting a nexus 7 or a galaxy tab 7.0. if my comment was so dumb then there should have been no reason for you to respond to it simple as that.
7. fanboy1974 posted on 11 Aug 2012, 06:11 7 0
It would be cool if you got a free Nexus 7 with any 2 year contract Android phone purchase. The iPad would lose it's crown in less than a year and Android phones will command a larger lead. Maybe then Apple will get more aggressive in the lab or die.
8. medicci37 posted on 11 Aug 2012, 06:53 6 0
The specs seem 2 be good. But if the tablet has been selling 4 under 100$. It doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Would be much cheaper to go with tmobile & buy a Nexus tab.
21. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 12 Aug 2012, 15:13 0 0
meh....its free, so sounds good either way...
10. hawke9150 posted on 11 Aug 2012, 08:42 1 4
All this from a company that spent BILLIONS to get the iPhone. To me it looks like they are trying anything to either keep or get customers so they can pay off Apple.
I wonder if you can get the tablet with the purcase of an iPhone? It would be funny to see.
12. Mxyzptlk posted on 11 Aug 2012, 10:12 1 1
You make it seem like them getting the iPhone was a bad idea. Yes they are doing bad right now but they are attracting new customers with the iphone and unlimited data.
13. moofoodooloo posted on 11 Aug 2012, 11:04 2 0
Sounds like the strategy of a company to attract more business and increase profit.. Which is the idea of of becoming a business in the first place? Did you think Sprint was a non-profit?
17. khanrehan99 posted on 11 Aug 2012, 15:27 0 0
Yes, you can combine iphone with it. and its not funny though.
14. DonkeySauce posted on 11 Aug 2012, 12:25 0 0
Actually, if you're a Corporate Liable business customer, its already free anyway.
15. ripp747 posted on 11 Aug 2012, 12:27 0 0
Here is a decent 12 minute you yube review of tablet
19. Joshua9007 posted on 12 Aug 2012, 03:26 0 0
I wonder how much they charge for a tablet data plan... as it is listed as a $350 off contract price, that means that they are going to make more than $350 off you over the course of the 2yr contract... meaning the nexus 7 is a far better deal as long as you have WiFi. They should just have a deal where you purchase a nexus 7 and agree to sign up for the mobile hotspot feature...
20. falconsndawgs posted on 12 Aug 2012, 11:24 0 0
Options of $19.99 / month for 2GB of data or $49.99 / month for 6GB of data.