Sprint to showcase a glasses-free 3D phone on Feb 7?
0. phoneArena posted on 28 Jan 2011, 16:18
Two weeks ago we recieved an invitation to an event that is to be held by Sprint on February 7, stating that it will be an industry-first, and will have illusionist David Blaine on hand. Since the announcement, there has been some rumors of what the device will be, but today we got word from an inside source saying that it will be for a glasses-free 3D phone.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. OhSo3D (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 16:23 3 2
Thank You Sprint! I really hope its made by htc too (:
28. Napoleon posted on 29 Jan 2011, 00:18 2 0
And hope the screen is at least 4" and comes with HDMI... Will definitely leave Verizon for it!!!!
37. thomas1215 posted on 29 Jan 2011, 08:09 1 2
have you heard of the thunder bolt thats coming for verizon. If not you should wait. plus HDMI is played out now DLNA is the new thing
39. oddmanout posted on 29 Jan 2011, 09:09 2 0
tbh i'd rather have a phone capable of connecting to tvs via HDMI instead of DLNA... Yeah DLNA is cool and all but its not a common feature in most tvs. If you have a tv that supports DLNA then sure, go thunderbolt. But for what its worth, i'd rather save a lot of money and still get all the features with the sprint evo.
40. Sellcell posted on 29 Jan 2011, 09:48 1 0
It would be nice to see it with both hdmi and dlna. If you weren't aware of it, XBOX 360 has dlna and I believe PS3 does as well.
51. ethan (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 18:53 1 0
skifta replicates dlna just fine on my evo. you might as well have the extra option of a hdmi plug.
74. Fuz10n (unregistered) posted on 05 Feb 2011, 23:58 0 0
LOL, HDMI is a way more supported. Can you DLNA a PS3 or Xbox? No you cant bro so skip that DLNA stuff which is not supported by all manufacturers, because HDMI is.
59. jtjacks1 posted on 31 Jan 2011, 07:28 2 0
LOL my thoughts exactly. HTC consistently makes good products so I have faith they could successfully pull off a device of this caliber. Sprint is really building the suspense for what they have up their sleeve, I hope they dont disappoint.
2. rick213 posted on 28 Jan 2011, 16:23 0 0
It's going to be a Sanyo dual screen, dual processor phone.
3. bdub (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 16:57 1 0
haha its lg
4. luis_lopez_351 posted on 28 Jan 2011, 17:00 1 2
D: Beast of a phone right there. :D better not be samsung the froyo gingerbread soon to be icecream update delay-er. i bet its htc ^_^
5. SECRET DROPPER/ SPRINTS FINEST (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 17:17 1 1
I WORK AT STORE 924 IN INDIANAPOLIS,IN OUR HTC REP TOLD US THERE MANUFACTURING IT NOW...NO WORD ON PRICE OR DATE YET...PROBABLY JUNE AS MOST OF OUR PHONES COME OUT THE FIRST OR SECOND WK OF JUNE...
49. nobodyimportant (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 15:59 0 0
More like Least Indy!!!!!
6. Allday28 posted on 28 Jan 2011, 17:23 2 2
So whats the piont of having 3D on a phone?? I think its worthless and this 3D stuff is gonna die out like alot of things like this do..
7. downphoenix posted on 28 Jan 2011, 17:23 0 0
if its a 3d phone, wouldnt it make sense for it to have 2 back cameras for 3d photography? That would be pretty neat to have, because it would be pretty limiting if it was just for like movies and games, since you will be at the mercy of app developers to provide this content.
8. LuvVZW (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 17:30 2 6
Who Cares.....I mean......Verizon is going to have Massive amount of phones better than this...Who needs 3D??? really?
75. Fuz10n (unregistered) posted on 06 Feb 2011, 00:06 1 0
Enjoy having to pay for data usage on your retarded Verizon account. My bill is and always has been the same since I got my Evo and I tether at 8mbit/s. The 4G LTE signal gets lost rapidly under bridges and in buildings so enjoy that too. Look it up if you want.
77. VZWsux (unregistered) posted on 12 Mar 2011, 23:24 0 0
i agree with Fuz, Sprint is moving up the chain, and their cheap. my VZW bill was $300 and for the EXACT same thing on sprint its $150
76. Napoleon posted on 07 Feb 2011, 04:11 1 0
And I... 100% DISAGREE!!!! Can't wait to leave Verizon; contract ended Friday... YIPPEE!!!!
17. Das70 posted on 28 Jan 2011, 19:16 4 1
Umm. Who cares about a camera on a phone??, who cars about video games on a phone?? Who cares about web browsing on a phone??? Many people do many people dont. Why are you biased about the 3d??? You have every other worthless thing crammed into your phone. I wouldnt be interested in the 3d as well but some people might be.
Is it practical??? NO probably not but neither is about 50% of the stuff on cell phones today.
24. Allday28 posted on 28 Jan 2011, 22:49 1 5
Nice try but cameras take pics so you can share them with other people. Not really pointless. Web Browsing on a phone is alot more important than 3D. MY point is what the hell is the point of putting it on a phone???? So people can say my phone is better cause it has 3D. Wow gay!!
44. ts14 (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 13:38 2 0
people said the same thing about camera and we browsing... don't knock it until you tried t
21. Dennis (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 21:17 1 1
How can you attract more buyers without features? I wonder mmmm..
You might not enjoy it, but there are people will.
54. phone333 posted on 30 Jan 2011, 11:57 0 0
1Ghz dual core next gen NVIDIA Tetra processor, 1080P video recording, 4" display Wimax support. will prob be upgraded to Honeycomb....and you think people will get this just because it has a 3D display??? really?. I understand the carrier preference, but that's just an ignorant comment imo. There's probably some Verizon iphone article somewhere if you look...
62. TMax (unregistered) posted on 31 Jan 2011, 10:14 0 0
If VZW could get service anywhere then it may be an advantage to have a cool line up of phones? Unfortunately I'm from WV and there is no VZW in our state and generally they kick you off if you have been here 6 months due to the roaming agreement in the contract.. And anywhere I have ever been with my sprint phone I have had service when I need it.. And just because you have the i-phone now doesnt mean anything EVO still owns I-Phone
9. guest (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 17:33 3 5
do not want.
11. jacky_luvsjrod posted on 28 Jan 2011, 17:55 4 4
Wow alot of people above me are bitching .. Just cuz u dnt need 3d and probably won't use it doesn't mean other people like me won't use it. Gosh like seriously get a life .. U also say its going to die out really fast how the hell do u know ?? 3d phones have not even came out and u guys are already predicting the future? By saying people are going to get bored of it fast? How the hell do u kno? Maybe people are going to love 3d phones u never know...
12. Sprint Rep (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 18:11 5 6
Verizon sucks, ATT sucks, Tmobile sucks, We are cheaper than everyone else, we always provide industry first's just like 4G.
Keep paying out the rear for your service people one day you will all switch to Sprint.
19. goomba (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 19:51 1 1
wimax doesn't suck in general, it just sucks when transmitted at a frequency of 2.5 GHz.
42. hawke9150 (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 13:12 1 1
Then Wimax Sucks at all times.
66. Sprint Rep (unregistered) posted on 31 Jan 2011, 15:35 0 1
Why you mad tho? Because you have a crappy provider. :(
23. Das70 posted on 28 Jan 2011, 21:51 1 1
LOL. I live in southeast michigan and my sprint signal sucks SPRINT REP. How do you explain that. AT&T, Verizon and T-MOBILE ALL have better signal than sprint in my area. Had sprint for one week and got rid of it. You need to get yer head out of your a$$.
16. agentoj posted on 28 Jan 2011, 19:15 1 0
3D phone will not do anything for me. The Evo has everything I need thus far. if you can take 3d pics, what will be the point if the majority of people dont have 3D monitors, phones, or televisions
18. Socalvenom posted on 28 Jan 2011, 19:49 1 1
thank god I didn't upgrade once this phone comes out and I'm taking a guess its made rather by HTC or LG I'm going straight to the store for this mofo
78. SprintNews (unregistered) posted on 12 Mar 2011, 23:31 0 0
Sprint has recently come out with a case for your Ipod so you can have Wi-fi wherever you go! if you get a calling and texting app, it could be like an iphone! (its called the ZTE PEEL)
25. Sprint is the shiz (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 23:12 0 4
All I can say is Haters Haters Haters wow Haters. Sprint rules quit being jealous you have nothing good to say pricks. Cheaper plans unlimited internet unlimited text unlimited cell phone calling. My fave five just turned into my fav 10 million. All for 69.99????? I phone is old news the only thing that holds att up verizon cant talk much about them but tmobile service horrible the end. 3d phone cant wait. Talk about bragging rights isnt that what getting an iphone was and still is. blah see I got the latest and greatest blah. Cheers Sprint.
43. thoth04 (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 13:31 0 0
you do know that sprint is going to start carging an extra 10 dollars for all smart phones
79. SprintNews (unregistered) posted on 12 Mar 2011, 23:33 0 0
you do know that Verizon charges $30
as for sprint its for all smart phons activated after January 2011
26. donpeppino9 posted on 28 Jan 2011, 23:53 3 0
children children, settle down....
this phone will appeal to many people. i'm sure sprint wouldn't release a phone and make a showcase event out of something people don't have an interest in.
and for the sprint haters... get a life. its pathetic how people take it soo personaly when it comes to cell phone carriers. We are all consumers looking for the best mobile wireless solutions. Fact is sprint does provide the best wireless value in the industry. everything else is nothing more than pure bull. opinions are typically biased. if you want to prove a point, do soo intelligently.
me personally, i don't care for a 3d phone.
27. dex-4 posted on 28 Jan 2011, 23:58 3 2
It's funny how so many people say they don't care when they haven't even seen it.
41. XxVerbalxX (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 09:56 2 2
y do i need to see it to say i dont care about it? i can care or not care about anything i damn well please. i dont care about 3d, i find the whole trend of 3d crap kinda annoying to b honest. i also hated avatar as i had seen it when it was called "Ferngully". 3d to me is a battery drain for no good reason. wonder how that will hold up in direct sunlight.
29. A Random guy (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 00:21 1 1
I hope its called the HTC Evo 3D
31. Napoleon posted on 29 Jan 2011, 00:55 1 1
Hope Sprint release this by March the latest... Don't want to have to wait until June...
32. Sprinting (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 00:56 2 2
I see alot of Sprint Envy on here chill if don't like sprint or 3D which it states in the title why click on the story?? I know why deep down you want a 3D phone hahaha!
33. nismo (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 00:59 2 0
I don't care about the 3d screen. I'm just glad Sprint is getting a dual core phone with wimax.
34. the truth (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 03:04 1 0
truth is all major carriers have own share of issues. dropped calls, phone choices, customer service, monthly charges, etc all cause someone to say a carrier is the worst or sucks. sprint was the first for 4g phones, 4g internet, and plans were everything was included for both single and multi-line plans. whatever the annoucement is feb 7th is more than likely going to the 1st of its kind. sprint sucks in certain areas sure i admit that but come feb 7th, all carriers will then do what they have been doing or trying to do for last few years: copy sprint!!
69. Really? (unregistered) posted on 31 Jan 2011, 22:45 0 0
Copy Sprint huh? So when they were losing millions of subscribers because they had horrible customer service and even worse service then other carriers followed them? Don't think so.
I agree every carrier has their faults but I have heard more horror stories from Sprint customers than any other carrier.
Get your facts right Sprint's "4G" isn't the first true 4G. There is no true 4g according to ITU-R requirements. WiMax is a joke and Sprint realized it when other carriers went with LTE. How many markets does Sprint have 4G in? Verizon has 38 4G markets and announced 49 more in Q1. When did Sprint announce more markets? November with their 5 new markets with 3 in OH... Hmmmm I guess if they charged more for their service they could put more back in their network.
35. Unducuva (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 07:22 1 1
3D phone is a dumb idea. If Sprint wants to stay in the game, if they wanna roll big, they need the best phone on the market, they need the iPhone. That and that alone will change Sprints' reputation, i guarantee it.
36. tomva (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 08:05 1 1
3-D phone???? How lame is that?????
38. TLJester (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 08:11 2 1
You forget that 3D requires a $10 monthly premium ...
... And that extra core is also $10 a month ;)
45. sprintsuks (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 14:07 2 1
If sprint announces a 3-d phone Im dropping them the next day. Tired of sprints stupid slow marketing tactics. Who cares about 3-d. Its a cell PHONE. Hey sprint - how about this, why don't you offer more, non crappy phones? CRAZY concept I know. Every company but YOU are has multiple smart-phones and such. Sprint TWO THUMBS DOWN.
47. phone333 posted on 29 Jan 2011, 15:06 2 2
WoW !! Where the hell have you living? They currently have two of the top smart phones on the market. The EVO is still kicking ass and the Epic is pretty popular as well. The Style is not doing to bad either. The only thing with Sprint is that they suck in advertising.