Sprint to launch Wi-Fi only Motorola XOOM on May 8th
0. phoneArena posted on 28 Apr 2011, 10:37
A source who manages a Sprint preferred retail location, sent us a copy of the Sprint dealer newsletter which shows that the Motorola XOOM is expected to have a May 8th launch on the carrier...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Incognito (unregistered) posted on 28 Apr 2011, 10:55 4 1
Tsk tsk ...this is called an "INTERNAL" document for a reason! when we started the training for the XOOM (bc I am an associate for the same preferred retailer), it stated the agreement of confidentiality that you had to agree to first. key word being CONFIDENTIAL. jeez, have some integrity people. Not so smooth Anonymous Tipster, bc I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!! shame...
14. Lucas777 posted on 28 Apr 2011, 20:11 0 0
get over it... its not like this is the iphone or anything.... i think this is just overstock that they modified for sprint...
21. IIncognito (unregistered) posted on 29 Apr 2011, 13:06 0 1
22. Lucas777 posted on 30 Apr 2011, 01:22 0 0
2. Andy Lam (unregistered) posted on 28 Apr 2011, 11:35 1 1
I just got a question, I know sprint getting the xoom any news on sprint getting the Atrix?
13. Lucas777 posted on 28 Apr 2011, 20:08 0 0
why wud u want that crap... evo 3d all the way...
3. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 28 Apr 2011, 11:42 1 1
Yes drop the hammer on that person! You are so right about integrity, some people just don't have it! They should be held accountable for their actions. I think it's funny how you know this person. lol Incognito, Anonymous Tipster was not too anonymous! lol
4. sprint4life posted on 28 Apr 2011, 11:55 0 1
lol that did last long i just did the training yesterday
5. Smokn04cobra posted on 28 Apr 2011, 13:59 0 1
I agree with all the above comments...integrity is definitely missing from our society today. On another note...WHY would a cell phone carrier sell a wi-fi only version of the device?!?!?! That means that there will be no contract with it so the carrier is making a minimal amount of money since you only receive commission from contracts. I certainly wouldn't buy a mi-fi device to use with it, I would just use my mobile hotspot on my phone. Leave the wi-fi only models at places like bestbuy. That seems like a really dumb move!
6. Migblitz (unregistered) posted on 28 Apr 2011, 14:31 1 1
Read the actual words in the article, it states: "...the carrier is planning on offering the Wi-Fi version of the Honeycomb flavored tablet FIRST with plans to offer a WiMAX enabled 4G version down the road." That means the Wi-Fi version will be just a taste of things to come.
7. CNachoZ posted on 28 Apr 2011, 14:32 0 1
from what i heard, Moto didn't do as well as they thought they would as far as XOOM sales. I wouldn't be suprised if they asked Sprint to sell their tablets along with Verizon, just to make more $$$. makes a little sense I guess, they wouldn't have to change much if they did decide to have a Wi-Fi/WiMAX (CDMA) version of the tab...
8. downphoenix posted on 28 Apr 2011, 15:04 1 1
I just dont know if I believe this. Motorola hasnt released a product for sprint that wasn't a nextel device since 2008, and there has been no word on why, seems strange they would just quietly release this out of nowhere, you'd think there would have been some kind of public announcement and hype over it.
9. ajac (unregistered) posted on 28 Apr 2011, 17:31 0 0
its on sprints page now in theirs news section a fact sheet for the xoom its real alright
10. downphoenix posted on 28 Apr 2011, 17:56 0 0
o rly? Link? Nice of them to tell sprint customers before employees that its coming, we still haven't received any information about it.
11. Migblitz posted on 28 Apr 2011, 18:20 0 0
Incorrect. I'm a Sprint employee and I've known about the Xoom coming to Sprint since... last week. It was on the calender,
12. lsutigers posted on 28 Apr 2011, 19:54 0 0
Sprint recently released the enterprise Motorola ES400S http://shop.sprint.com/mysprin
17. dee (unregistered) posted on 28 Apr 2011, 21:32 0 0
w/community/sprintblogs/buzz-by-sprint/announcements/blog/2011/04/28/f irst-tablet-built-on-android-30-motorola-xoom-wi-f i-available-with-sprint-on-may-8-for-59999
20. B (unregistered) posted on 29 Apr 2011, 09:29 0 0
Since the Xoom will be a WiFi only device...no real incentive for Sprint sales reps to offer it. It doesn't require a contract, so...no commission. No thanks. We'll still try to sell the Galaxy Tab for $200.