Sprint to have a 3G femtocell before AT&T
0. phoneArena 02 Jul 2009, 08:13 posted on
Sprint's VP of device and technology development has said his company will be first to offer a commercial 3G femtocell…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. VDubb (Posts: 49; Member since: 04 Dec 2008)
Why would they need this? EVDO does nothing to enhance voice quality (unlike 3G for AT&T), so this seems unnecessary since most people use this in their home and they have a PC w/ broadband readily available for use. - VDubb
3. cheech4 (Posts: 9; Member since: 29 Dec 2008)
simple, it would be great for those who do not have WIFI capable phones to get 3G speeds where signal strength can be restricted like in a building.
6. BlackberryUser (Posts: 609; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
It may be faster for someone to use their phone to look something up on the internet, maybe they don't have a laptop and want to watch tv and surf the internet, or maybe they use an online application on their phone that requires faster data.
5. BlackberryUser (Posts: 609; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
Verizon doesn't offer 3G over their femtocell. Also I'm not overly impressed with it so far.