Sprint to add Samsung GALAXY Note II to its lineup?
0. phoneArena 07 Sep 2012, 11:31 posted on
Which U.S. carrier will be the first to offer the son of phablet to its lineup? An XDA user has found a device profile that matches up specs-wise to the Samsung GALAXY Note II; if true, Sprint's version of the Samsung GALAXY Note II would feature a quad-core Exynos processor AND 4G LTE connectivity...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
16. moofoodooloo (Posts: 137; Member since: 04 Jan 2011)
$199 minimum, it wouldn't be far fetched to put it in the $249 category, which Sprint hasn't had a phone that high since the originial Epic.
19. JGuinan007 (Posts: 680; Member since: 19 May 2011)
When I got my OG Note on 2yr contract with AT&T it was $299 on a preorder with a free flip case and $29 for S-pen holder and extra s-pen. I would think the Note 2 will start at launch at the same price
21. JGuinan007 (Posts: 680; Member since: 19 May 2011)
So far it looks like the Note 2 is going to be on Tmo and AT&T
29. ITCHY_BOTO (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Seriously change ur pic $99 it aint a hit
2. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4816; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Ok with this news there looks to be the possibility of this phone hitting Verizon because BOTH Sprint & Verizon use CDMA & LTE.
10. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I'm with you, this makes a strong case for Verizon to carry it as well. I'm so happy about this, I want everyone to have one on every carrier. However, if Big Red doesn't get it, I will be looking at T-Mo with their new Unlimited 4G Prepaid and 100 voice minutes (don't talk much anyway so don't really care about minute plan).
11. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4816; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
lol That T-Mobile plan does look sweet.
14. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I had unlimited data with AT&T but when I upgraded to my note back in Feb, the girl messed up and changed my plan to a 3 gig plan. I escalated the issue and no one "could" or would do anything to fix it. I was deeply saddened by this.
33. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
The tmobile plan would be great if tmobile got service. Im in nj and ny and pa a lot and the service is horrible with tmobile. Unless your on a major highway or in a city your not gettin your phone to work and youll only have 3g coverage
20. JGuinan007 (Posts: 680; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Doubt it Verizon just launched an LG phablet and have a HTC phablet being announced for them on the 19th to be released by Oct. Why would they add another phablet to their line up and they passed on the 1st Note.
34. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
The lg phablet looks gross and the stats are something apple would release the galaxy note one has better stats which came out over a year ago. I havent seen solid stats on the HTC yet but the samsung seems to be blowing everything else away which is why we want the samsung lol
4. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Its coming to all 4 carriers. 299 it will cost ya. and I bet release will be around the sametime as the iphone 5.
12. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
iPhone 5 is launching in stores on the 21st. Galaxy note II is launching near the end of the Oct in Europe and Asia. Coming to all 4 carriers most likely november.
6. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Nice... Very nice addition to sprints lineup.
7. apocalypsebc (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Can't wait to see it in person. Sprint, don't let us down!
31. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
sad such a great phone on such a crappy network
8. kindahipdude (Posts: 48; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
I can't believe sprint is getting this. I'm sure att will too. This might be the first phone sprint ever has that's over $200 on contract
15. moofoodooloo (Posts: 137; Member since: 04 Jan 2011)
The Samsung Epic was $249 when it first came out.
26. mranderson76 (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
The iPhone 4 and 4s higher GB models are over that price range. and the original EVO was 199 on contract if the rebate was performed but 299 out the pocket unless from a third party dealer.
9. eman99 (Posts: 361; Member since: 03 Aug 2010)
i can see around 250-300 but the service is so slow you got to live in a major city for great service for a phone like that
18. skymitch89 (Posts: 1296; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
If and when this comes to Sprint, this looks to be the best device in their line up. Kinda hoping that it's on Sprint before Feb of next year so I can go check it out and decide if I want to stick with Sprint or go somewhere else.
As of lately, since "Network Vision" has been getting deployed in my area, I've been a little bit happier with their service and data speeds. The other day I was in an area where they had deployed "Network Vision" and averaged 1.4Mbps down (lowest was 1.08Mbps and highest that I got on record was 1.8Mbps, but when doing tests I saw 2.2Mbps+)
23. hosker (unregistered)
1.08mbps on what LTE,wimax or 3g? Im leaving sprint. On a lucky day i get about 1mbps max on wimax, on 3g about 0.15mbps here in nyc. When is raining i get nothing on 3g
24. kindahipdude (Posts: 48; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Yea I already left sprint in July. They cost as much as any other carrier now, and they have nothing to show for it. Their speeds are so freaking slow that it doesn't matter that it's unlimited, you can't use it. I used to average .15mpbs also, but often got even less. On a really good day I got .8mbps.
There's no reason why everyone on sprint shouldn't move to Tmobile. They are the same price with unlimited data, but it's 100x faster.
22. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
This would make a lot of people happy. I have had a LOT of sprint customers say they would get the Note if it wasn't an AT&T exclusive.
25. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1031; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
It would be straight asinine if AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, and Tmobile dont get the Note II at or around the same time. The SIII has sold over 10 million units already so the Note II would be close to that.
Sprint would honestly make the profit they were supposed to get from the iPhone, with the Note II. I know it'll come to AT&T and hopefully other carriers will receive the same amount of love that we've gotten from the original Note
BTW, with Apple's announcement of the iPhone 5 on wednesday........they better make the iPhone revelant again because the competition gap between Apple and the other phone manufacturers are small. It wont be long before Android phone manufacturers (HTC, Samsung, Motorola, etc) dethrones Apple
27. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Everyone saying "phablet" makes you sound like a "faglet". It's a freakin phone people. You don't hear people calling a large tablet a "tabtop".
If it rings when someone calls you, and you talk to that person, it's a phone.
28. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Your use of a derogatory label against homosexuals was unnecessary. Grow up.
30. lsutigers (Posts: 820; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Yeah but Sprint is upgrading all of their towers as right now, also, the speed issues are not everywhere, there are many areas that have not been upgraded and speeds are just fine, just depends where you live. Once Sprint's Network is fully upgraded with Network Vision their coverage will increase significantly and hopefully they will keep unlimited data.
32. AFnerdTP (unregistered)
SPRINT GOT A BUYER RIGHT HERE!
35. khanrehan99 (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I can not wait to get this awesome device.