Sprint spreads its LTE signal to 21 new markets
0. phoneArena 18 Apr 2013, 14:01 posted on
Sprint has sent us a list containing the 21 new markets that are now covered with the carrier's LTE signal; among the major cities are Los Angeles, Ca.; Charlotte, N.C.; Norfolk, Va. and Memphis, Tenn.; 88 markets nationwide now are up an running for Sprint which starte offering its 4G LTE service back in July...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ahhxd717 (Posts: 302; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Nice, they've now got LTE in the two cities I'm in the most. Well I probs wouldn't switch but kudos to them.
2. scorpeyun (Posts: 22; Member since: 18 May 2012)
Can we get some LTE love in south Orange County, CA! Got passed over on the 4G network last go around.
3. expertzero (Posts: 7; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Build is out currently underway. Costa mesa, newport, and other areas currently have lte. You can check here at s4gru.com, and go to the sensorly maps. Should be done by summer.
4. Omarc07 (Posts: 209; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I tried sprint for a lil while in LA its alright much faster than what i get on At&t lte and tmobile hspa +42 over here in los Angeles, only problem was the coverage was kinda small it was available in few parts east La, few parts of Montebello and dwtwn LA . It was pretty bad one street i had lte go down the next street i was on slow 3G. Few parts i had lte it was fast up to 30 mbps much faster than what i get now on att lte which tops out at 18 and tmobile which tops out at 11 .
5. downphoenix (Posts: 2235; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
$100 promo btw is on any phone, including new ones like the HTC One, Galaxy S4, or phones like the Iphone 5.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6644; Member since: 14 May 2012)
T-Mobile will have it by then and you'll be saving money.
7. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
If sprint doesn't give Sacramento lte by q3 its bye bye sprint and hello to tmobile.
12. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1473; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Seriously, i'm jumping to Verizon though
8. JEverettnow (Posts: 139; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
I work as a tech for sprint and I too am getting annoyed by this. We are one of the largest markets in California and our 3g is unusable
18. rawlgnd19 (Posts: 9; Member since: 08 Sep 2011)
if it wasnt for the free service i would be complaining. they expect the sales reps to meet quotas but how we suppose to sell s**tty service especially in places like bakersfield,ca santa barbara, ca montecito,ca and santa maria, and any places near with a radius of 30- miles
10. Sniggly (Posts: 6496; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Still no Saint Louis? Come on, Sprint! This is one of the few markets where your customer base is bigger than Verizon's, for f**k's sake.
11. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 933; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
As a fellow st. louisan.......sprint, like alot of other markets, makes us wait because we're on the lower end of the totem pole. Id say that you should have Sprint LTE before the endof the summer................similar to when WiMax hit us.
BTW, im not going to rip on Sprint because we're from the same city lol
13. Libra1985 (Posts: 43; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
By the time Sprint builds out it's LTE network ALL other major carriers will be onto the next new technology....then Sprint will be back behind the curve.
14. speed4evr (Posts: 78; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
It does suck that it's taking quite some time for the LTE/NV rollout, they did have some unavoidable setbacks(birds, suppliers, hurricaine). I agree with the slow 3G! VZW started their LTE in Novemeber 2010 and they're still not finished, Sprint's is going at decent rate based on their financial situation. Sprint does have an advantage when they move to LTE Advanced compared to VZW and ATT since its a minor upgrade with NV.
16. SprintGuy26 (Posts: 66; Member since: 21 Mar 2011)
"Sprint also released a list of 170 locations that will soon receive the carrier's 4G LTE signals"
sooo wheres this list at?
17. rawlgnd19 (Posts: 9; Member since: 08 Sep 2011)
Awesome more cities im no where near. Whens sprint going to get their isshh together and roll out some LTE in California. They have a few spots but only were millions live.