x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Sprint soars from last to first place in customer service poll

0. phoneArena 20 Oct 2008, 07:07 posted on

In a shocking move, Sprint moves from last place to first place in a customer service research study...

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 22:40

52. SprintSucks.com (unregistered)

Usually it is the other way around huh?, Sprint usually has the poll in your bottom! LOL LOL Ouch!.

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 08:52

4. cartman (unregistered)

Sprint had done some good things for themselves lately. I'd just wish they improved coverage. I guess AT&T is getting smug.

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 08:57

My service isnt through Sprint but form what ive heard their customer service isnt that great, its good to see a positive change.

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 09:13

9. Kent (unregistered)

Now if they would only get rid of the foreign call centers that mess your account up every time you call in to fix something they messed up... Lost "grandfathered in" free text messaging due to a foreign call center...

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 09:43

12. stuntz (unregistered)

Alot of the time if you have problem during buisness hours you should goto a store and have them help. They hate it but its beter to talk to a acutal person. On other thoughts its good to see this Sprint Needs good plublicity to get their feet reset. Now if they could promote New phones with beter advertisment then they'd be going somewhere.

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 10:25

Good job Dan!

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 10:49

My advice is go to a REAL (corporate) Sprint store for account problems anyway. The third party stores seem to mess up stuff a lot and those customers have to call to get things fixed thinking that the store cannot help them. If you aren't sure if it is a REAL Sprint store you're in, ask them. They have to tell you if they are a third party store. I've been confused before because sometimes they wear the same uniforms even.

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 11:15

Actually, in my opinion, you are better off finding a good knowledgeable rep and asking for them by name. Corp or third party. I have seen just as many idiots in an actual Sprint Store than at a dealer. Find someone you like dealing with and do all of your business with them.

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 11:57

i agree if you find some one who actually knows what they are talking about and knows what they are doing they aren'y going to mess up your account. i have gone into many sprint stores and the people working them are morons and dont know what they are talking about so i found a store that did all the services in my area and they knew way more than the ones that only sold sprint. find a store that you like and do all your service through them instead of dealing with different people all the time, let them know you so they will spend more time trying to help you

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 13:04

it really depends on whom you talking to. i have worked with sprint (third party store) for nearly 3 years and i bet ; i can answer and help u faster with every question without working for sprint (corporate). it also truly depends on who is training you. just because you talked to one person that didn't have answers doesn't mean everybody working there is stupid.

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 12:20

21. Pings (unregistered)

Who the *@#& is Pali Research? The only number 1 spot that maters is the J.D. Power and Associates. O yea VZW got that number one spot. Who cares about some random poll.

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 12:27

This smells fishy...industry polls often produce the desired news, so I looked around and found something interesting. Did you catch it? http://www.dailyii.com/images/31/otherContent/Pali_Capital_Inc.pdf

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 22:48

53. lies (unregistered)

Pali-Research is actually a very important company that Sprint made up to get the media to change their views. The looked at the only improvement Sprint made and claimed them to be the best. Pali stands for "Pretend Artificial ludicrous information"!

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 13:05

24. irsuv (Posts: 17; Member since: 10 Apr 2008)

Verizon Shouldn't be second. I have to fight with them when ever I do a cellphone contract for them at work. There voice guided menus to get to people are impossible. Too many wrong responces and it will hand up on you. And there tech support is rude to me and my customers! They once tryed to talk me out of a contract! They wanted me to tell me to let my customer to go to a corprate store instead of my store and pay $10 more for the phone, but would get that money back after a mail in rebate. We had it for free instantly!!!! Any body knows CDMA is horible and both sprint and verizon suck. I hope both of them go belly up!!!

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 16:59

It's really simple. When you call into get help. Press "0" and it will take you to a rep. Wow that was hard! As for you being an indirect represenative of the company you shouldn't be bashing VZW. Not a suprise you don't like corporate... most of the corporate stores can't stand indirects. They misinform customers by trying to provide technical support when they don't know enough to do so. They try to do things that skirt the boundaries to get more commission. Regardless of the customer, indirects are all about the money. At directs, they spend 16 hours in a sales class to teach them how to create great situations not just for the company but also for the customer. As for CDMA being horrible? CDMA has a higher capactiy... it's more secure... its handoff structure means fewer dropped calls... so how do you get CDMA is horrible?

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 22:56

54. Why? (unregistered)

Number one it doesn't work oversea. Two the band with is smaller. Three you complie both vocie and data on the same network which means more complications and slower speeds. Four dropped calls do happen more and more static happens the further you get from the towers. Five less callers aloud per cell site you notice this when bad events happen. Six cost more to run CDMA and the comes out of customers pockets not the CEO's. Plus don't you still get charged from roaming out of network.,LAME! CU.L8R CDM.Hey?

posted on 21 Oct 2008, 09:49

59. Do you know what you're talkin (unregistered)

I'll grant that your first two are actual credible arguments. Even part of the third. But slower speeds? Have you actually even looked at the different speeds? AT&T is BOASTING that their new aircard is capable of over 700kbps. The slowest on either Verizon or Sprint is I believe 1.5 mbps. Let's see...about twice as fast. Flawed logic there. Dropped calls do NOT happen more from someone who has had both. This is pure fact, as CDMA towers allow more connections per tower than the GSM towers that AT&T or T-Mobile use. And finally, name one CDMA cellphone company that charges for roaming? Sprint? Nope. Verizon? Nope. Alltel? Nope. They all have roaming agreements with each other. You might want to actually know the information before you start ranting out of your ***.

posted on 22 Oct 2008, 15:53

71. VZW Gangster (unregistered)

16 hour sales class and you still #$%& up the sale. the customers leave a direct store with features they didn't want in the first place. With a phone they don't need half the time and no personal connection between the sales person and the customer due to a DMV mentality by the reps and environment in the store.

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 13:17

25. SprintDomination (unregistered)

Take that VZW fanboys! Been trying to tell you that Sprint rules the wireless world and VZW is just a pretender. The only thing you guys could point to was lousy customer service...oooohhhh. Looks like you lost the last straw you were grasping. Better phones, better plans, better coverage, faster data, better customer service. Verizon takes the back seat to Sprint.

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 13:43

27. vzw fanboy (unregistered)

haha lol. im glad sprint came out on tiop because that shows verizon doesnt rule at everything. i dont base verizon on how they handle customer service i have them based on their coverage.

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 13:26

I call bullshit on this one. Plus, look at the source. It's from a Sprint fanboy site. They'd do anything to bring good rep to their horrible company.

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 13:43

wow, at&t is dropping the ball now, their reputation is getting worse! Everybody knows their network quality is worse than Verizon's but now they're last on customer service. All they have now is BRAND NAME.

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 13:47

it is strictly statistics, i work for a sprint retail store and i have to deal with sprint customer service all the time, and they never fail to piss me off, they constantly trasnfer me. they are rude, and they have been known to straight up, hang up on me.

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 13:56

it's amazing that Sprint finally starts to get good blogs and everyone is going crazy!!! good luck for Sprint. they have been taking care of me for over seven years!

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 15:18

This is great news, I've been with sprint since '04 and I've never had a problem with their customer service, or any part of their services. Get great signal here in Los Angeles.

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 15:28

This survey does not rate customer service at all, it just rates how fast the phone is picked up. For all we know all those 91% could be on the phone for hours. When Sprint gets a JD Power and Associates award maybe I'll be inclined to believe their customer service has improved.

posted on 21 Oct 2008, 11:35

Well since the artical says..."Additionally, the research shows that Sprint has improved in regards to the number of times called, and how long it takes to handle a customer service call." I think it is safe to say they were not on the phone for hours.

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 15:52

I love the source of this article. "Sprint Connection" Yeah it's bs

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 17:23

Just because they answer the phone in less than 30 seconds it doesn't mean that they are providing good customer service.

posted on 20 Oct 2008, 18:04

Sprint customer service is piss poor. After dealing with 20+ phone calls to get them to let me cancel my line WHILE I WAS OVER 4 MONTHS OUT OF CONTRACT they finally did. AT&T's customer service has been a godsend the 3 times I've called them. Quick response from a knowledgeable agent. I felt like Sprint CSRs had the IQ of a rat.