Sprint sends out update for EVO 4G; possible Wi-Fi and battery fixes included
HTC EVO 4G Specifications | Review
1. dyster (Posts: 63; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Use caution with this update. BGR users are posting it disables tethering and some features in rooted phones.
2. scorpio85 (Posts: 160; Member since: 16 Jan 2010)
Haven't seen any issues, also that's the risk you take when you root your phone.
3. je2345 (Posts: 62; Member since: 05 May 2009)
your not suppose to install these updates when you root your phone. Wait for someone smart to fix the ota release to work with a rooted device.
4. easytochris (Posts: 126; Member since: 21 Jan 2010)
"wait for someone smart to fix the ota release" completely out of context that sentence is awesome.
5. cwiley5045 (Posts: 16; Member since: 07 May 2010)
Browser is not stable keeps closing and doesnt display things in there proper place. Battery, and WiFi still a problem. I need to be very close to my router in order to get a good signal, and battery is half gone with very little use. I believe my EVO was much more stable before the Update. Not sure what was done but so far I'm not happy!
6. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 922; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
My wifi did improve , but only slightly. My battery life has been awesome since the upgrade. I have wifi and blue toohth activated, and I have connected to the web and held a few conversations while still maintaining a close rto full battery strenght for the last 4 hours I am still alomst full. I'll get back tro you. I have nobrowser issues either!
7. desertmike680 (Posts: 42; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
We have actually seen that the update has completely corrupted the device after the install, hence not allowing the device to power on. I'll keep you guys posted on anything else I see. Mike Zubrtisky Handset/Network Technician, Sprint Communications
8. ogfish (Posts: 3; Member since: 15 Feb 2010)
Yet you are not in the corporate email? Hmmm nice try...
9. HockeyDood (Posts: 69; Member since: 14 May 2010)
Always fun to catch ppl posing as Sprint employees.
10. desertmike680 (Posts: 42; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Wow. You guys are really smart. If your actually Sprint employees, then search me on the exchange server dir and get ready to be proved wrong.
11. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3043; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
As Steve Jobs would say......."what wifi and battery life issue? Let's put a software fix for issues that don't exist."
12. paynekiller (Posts: 139; Member since: 24 May 2010)
I haven't gotten this update.. and when I check it says my device is up to date :s I always notice I have a problem with com.htc.bg or something like that where it keeps saying it had an error and i have to force close. This has been happening for a long time now for me and I don't know if it has to do with bluetooth cause it only happens why I have BT on.