x PhoneArena is looking for new authors in New York! To view all available positions, click here.

Sprint reports 2Q numbers: better, but still bad.

0. phoneArena 06 Aug 2008, 23:05 posted on

Sprint's 2Q08 numbers were released today and they again lost a significant amount of customers, but the dawn may be coming...

posted on 13 Aug 2008, 00:07

verizon knows they suck thats why they buy all the good competition same thing with those att guys or cingular guys or whatever they are calling themselves nowadayz... Sprint will provail...52 million is still good in my book and all this talk about verizon in 2010 will have 4g wen sprint is comin out with wimaz first quarter?

posted on 10 Aug 2008, 16:26

Actually Verizon has already stated 2010 will be the year they start deploying LTE. I work for the company, I hear about it in conferences everyday. So again get your facts straight, cause Sprint is going down the shitter.

posted on 11 Aug 2008, 08:18

61. Lisa Harvey (unregistered)

I love Sprint! Beat VZW in prices by FAR. Been a customer going on 5 years. Customer Support can be iffy sometimes, but who's perfect. I usually just go to tech support. I've found that since I have a pocket PC (the Touch) which VZW didn't have for 4 more months or so, cust service would always put me through to tech support. I also got Sprint TV included in my plan and VZW's isn't even active where I live yet. Sprint ROCKS! I may be the odd duck, but they likely have a customer for life. They seem to be two steps ahead on the business phones that "do it all". Thank you Sprint. Signed, Thank goodness I don't have to be a VZW/ATT customer!

posted on 11 Aug 2008, 18:44

Sprint has to be cheap to sell something.. Wait they are still losing customers, man thats a bummer. That's what happens when your company is sub-par and ATT and VZW are 100 times better.

posted on 12 Aug 2008, 06:35

If this is still happening this time next year (huge defections) the talk of Sprint folding may be valid then, as of now #3 is all thier's

posted on 14 Aug 2008, 09:00

Heeeee, VzW new PTT is comparable to Sprint PTT. and with that Sprint doesn't have any edge over VzW. Since VzW is reliable. When Companies switch, you don't need to connect to IDEN.

posted on 26 Aug 2008, 13:38

i work for sprint, and i am a great service rep i don't agree with alot of sprint policies but to make a long story short ever phone company has its problems

posted on 28 Aug 2008, 20:44

68. sprint is getting better (unregistered)

OK. I currently have a samsung instinct which is BETTER than the DARE and probably about the same as the iphone. SPRINT has the largest and fastest 3g network in the world. I can have no service and still have blazing fast internet while verizon or att can have full service and no 3g internet. Sprint is getting better but is doing so very slowly. The main thing people are concerned about is SPRINTS service. They have ok service, and that needs to be improved. BIG TIME. More towers=better service=more customers. Most people leave sprint because of their service. Customer service is sooo much better. I called a few years ago and i would get disconnected 3 or four times. but now, i call get connected to a live customer service rep and talk to them and they tell me all the CORRECT ANSWERS, and they know what they are saying and they will do anything possible to help you. Also they are starting to have nicer looking devices but they are still not that good. the samsung instinct is probably the nicest phone sprint has ever sold. it works great, its fast, and its cheaper than the iphone and just as good. If sprint were to offer better looking phones with better service more people would go to them. All they need is something that people will WANT and are willing to buy and people will come. But as of right now they have something that people are concidering on getting.