Sprint phones may be welcome on Boost Mobile very soon
0. phoneArena 05 Nov 2012, 05:58 posted on
According to rumors, it will soon be possible to activate Sprint phones on the carrier's 2-year-old subsidiary, Boost Mobile. Word comes from one particular user who provided an image of a flyer promoting the allegedly upcoming service. He further adds that only 15 of Sprint's current handsets will be eligible for activation on Boost, after which new devices will be gradually added on the list.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
"Which devices will be eligible for the service is not clear as well, but we sure hope that they don't belong to the kind pictured on the flyer."
LOOOL lets hope they're not that foolish because mostly everyone one would care less to activate those phones
2. DonkeySauce (Posts: 189; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
Odd, I have a hard time believing Sprint would publish an add with 4 year old phones.
3. ajac09 (Posts: 1447; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
why not? Sprint is cheap and rather keep there best on there network only.
5. BREvenson (Posts: 239; Member since: 17 May 2012)
If they're going to let people put Sprint phones on Boost, they should start with phones that came out no later than 2 /12 years ago. The original EVO and Epic would be a good start, then phones like the Photon, EVO 3D, and other mid-to-high end smartphones could follow. Of course, we won't be seeing the S III or the EVO 4G LTE on there anytime soon, but it will at least add support to Boost's somewhat respectable repertoire.
6. NestorCampos89 (Posts: 5; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
Boost Mobile ISN'T 2 YEARS OLD! It's like 12 Years!, I really hope that this isn't a start of Sprint eliminating Boost Mobile and rebranding it "Sprint Prepaid" or something like that, I like/love Boost Mobile and I hope they're around forever!
7. NestorCampos89 (Posts: 5; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
I also think that the iPhone 5 would be a hit with this service offering!
8. jenna_23 (Posts: 145; Member since: 02 Apr 2010)
Well I live in LA and I kno a guy in east LA that has been doin that for years activating sprint phones on boost I seen that he made a sprint galaxy s2 and iPhone 4s from sprint work on boost with data working on both phones how he did it I dnt know all I kno is he charges 60 bucks.
10. nycezwl (Posts: 8; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
No iPhones or Blackberry 100%.
I'm a boost mobile authorized dealer and i tried to see if it works.
11. warrenellis93 (Posts: 45; Member since: 21 Jul 2011)
i hope the galaxy s2 is one that will be allowed, its cheaper to get a sprint version on ebay than getting the boost version
12. lsutigers (Posts: 816; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
I wonder if this will apply to Virgin Mobile as well??
13. jtech (Posts: 101; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
All I hope for is Boost Mobile stays Boost Mobile
14. beefguy (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Ok... I just spoke to a customer service rep with boost and got some good news! After the christmas this year. 2012....I mean 12/26/2012, all sprint phones will be able to be used on boost. Just a little inside info. 100% true