Sprint narrows down losses, sells 1.5 million iPhones
0. phoneArena 25 Oct 2012, 06:49 posted on
Sprint continues cutting its quarterly losses and climbing back to recovery, but not as fast as it may wish for…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
400k loss is just proof that unlimited data is not working. Time to change gears.
2. DonkeySauce (Posts: 160; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
400k loss is largely contributed to the loss of Nextel customers that cancel because they are in areas that Nextel has good coverage, but Sprint does not.
7. KFear (Posts: 137; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
ajac09 is a waste of a first post. he didn't read the article
3. speed4evr (Posts: 79; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Agreed about the loss of Nextel customers, they knew they wouldnt migrate all of the IDEN subscribers. We need to know how many post paid additions compared to post post paid losses and so on. They actually migrated more IDEN to CDMA then predicted. And as they free up the spectrum used by IDEN(850 ESMR band) they can repurpose it for CDMA and increase coverage and signal strength.
6. SellPhones82 (Posts: 557; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
They recaptured 59% of iDen customers and moved them to CDMA. Here is a full break down: http://www.fiercewireless.com/
4. -box- (Posts: 3858; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
So it seems that plan to be such a seemingly strong iphone carrier isn't working all that well
No one except the sprint board is surprised.
5. speed4evr (Posts: 79; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Sprint has actually doing pretty good considering their predictament and have been overshadowed by it.