Sprint may be preparing for their own iPhone
But what does this mean? Well, it could mean that Sprint is extending an olive branch to their Apple-toting competitors, AT&T and Verizon. What's more likely is that Sprint is preparing for their own upcoming iPhone launch. Verizon went through the same transition last year, when they phased out their anti-iPhone ads.
Verizon's launch of the Motorola DROID was rife with derogatory iPhone comparisons, but about a year before their iPhone launch, they stopped mentioning the iPhone altogether. So are we going to see a Sprint iPhone within the next year? Who knows? This is obviously speculative. But it sure looks like Sprint is trying to make themselves a more appealing partner for Apple.
source: Beatweek via PPCGeeks
1. boxrocket (unregistered) posted on 24 Jan 2011, 18:01 2 1
The CDMA iphone won't be exclusive to verizon, as they, themselves, have stated. If you read the entire releases, you'll realize that the CDMA phone will be (eventually) widely available, and therefore functional for any CDMA carrier, like sprint or U.S. Cellular
2. bowarrow0606 posted on 24 Jan 2011, 18:01 0 6
Apple reminds me of Hitler..
They gonna end up ruling the whole world!!!
4. Robes1 posted on 24 Jan 2011, 19:14 5 3
That may have been the stupidest thing I've seen, read, or heard so far this year! WOW!
6. Vegas89 posted on 24 Jan 2011, 19:30 1 4
Your both wrong, we all know Samsung wants that spot!
3. jaysee (unregistered) posted on 24 Jan 2011, 18:35 2 0
like i said b4. thats y they r charging the extra 10 bones for all smartphones 3g and 4g. and changing all upgrades and prices after april 1 2011
7. dnaL0R posted on 24 Jan 2011, 19:38 1 1
i can't wait for their upcoming announcement on 2/7...
hope it's for a handset >
8. Libertasian posted on 24 Jan 2011, 19:50 0 1
The iPhone buzz just does not end. So when is T-Mobile getting their version with AWS and "4G" speeds?
24. BIG MH sales guru (unregistered) posted on 27 Jan 2011, 12:27 0 0
9. XxVerbalxX (unregistered) posted on 24 Jan 2011, 20:02 6 3
god...verizon has it so now there has to b sprint rumors....then tmobile....then metro pcs....the us cell....the cricket....then virgin mobile.....then tracphone......then straight talk
seriously, i just dont care anymore about the iphone. can we all please move on with this crap
10. earle.evans posted on 24 Jan 2011, 20:34 4 2
have you considered not clicking on the articles with iphone in the title? perhaps you could adopt your own personal BS filter...
11. E.N. posted on 24 Jan 2011, 23:29 2 0
lol, that's exactly what I was thinking. Why would you purposely waste your time with iPhone rumors if you really don't like wasting your time with iPhone rumors?
12. phone333 posted on 25 Jan 2011, 00:44 1 0
LOL... so true. If you're sick of hearing about the iphone...AVOID iphone articles.
14. Jeradiah3 posted on 25 Jan 2011, 01:13 0 0
this bit of news doesnt surprise me because of what verizon did and not make the i-phone 4 exclusive. although i dont agree with what apple does, its a good marketing tool to have the i-phone available to all carriers. we all know what the i-phone has done to the cellphone industry not to mention of AT&T and verizon alone so why not add more $$$$$ to their old, out dated, billion-dollar industry lol
16. remixfa posted on 25 Jan 2011, 07:14 1 1
according to the last iphone5 rumors, they are going to start making 1 phone with all frequencies in it, or 2 phones (1 with all gsm, one with all cdma) and start putting them on all carriers.
the iphone rumors are a bit old now. the exclusivity is over. VZW even said they werent getting an exclusive CDMA phone, so narrow it down. its going to sprint or metro.. lol.
if apple wants to stay on top, they dont have a choice but to go to everyone, android is eating them alive.
17. SIIXE1 (unregistered) posted on 25 Jan 2011, 09:47 0 0
If you look closely on the Sprint website - they are advertising a new online store.... theres a picture of a Spring branded/labeled iPhone right there. If thats not an indication - I dont know what is!
20. Joel (unregistered) posted on 25 Jan 2011, 10:32 0 0
That's an iPod Touch with ZTE Peel. It's already being sold.
18. ndogg (unregistered) posted on 25 Jan 2011, 10:03 1 0
I would love to have the iphone at sprint me being a sales rep. my personal feelings about the phone mean nothing but Apple names is so strong it will truly make a difference in sales $$$$$.
19. boobis (unregistered) posted on 25 Jan 2011, 10:23 0 0
/whatsnew/?INTCID=TSC:UHP:01041:Module_010411_NewStore# 11:NewStoreEmail:LearnMore&adS electData=
Looks like an iphone to me. Could be just advertising a case for it, but i would imagine there wouldn't be much sense in selling accessories for a phone they dont carry.
21. Woodsy1980 (unregistered) posted on 25 Jan 2011, 10:38 0 0
Not an iPhone on sprints site. It's an iPod touch with a ZTE Peel on it.
22. Matness23 posted on 25 Jan 2011, 13:51 0 0
Apple knows the value of having multiple carriers offer their product. They want to be "everywhere" like android.
23. mobileman (unregistered) posted on 26 Jan 2011, 10:14 0 0
it looks like the link that boobis posted has modified. it now has the iphone/ipod removed from all the pics that sprint provided. coincidence?? that seems kinda odd that it would be on there and then removed.
25. Bbygrl07 (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 02:04 0 0
Yea that is wierd its not there anymore. I hope sprint is getting the iphone!