Sprint is the first U.S. carrier to roll out Jelly Bean to the Samsung Galaxy S III: update starts today
0. phoneArena posted on 25 Oct 2012, 09:28
The Samsung Galaxy S III is the top Android phone on all U.S. carriers, but it has been lacking one thing for a while - Android 4.1 Jelly Bean…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. MartyK posted on 25 Oct 2012, 10:42 4 0
Even if you force update: setting/app/all/ g.serviceframe work/ clear data/ and then system update didn't help?
14. Thomas032 posted on 25 Oct 2012, 12:32 0 0
I'm not following You. This is my first flagship device so I'm still new to it, i tried doing what you said butt couldn't figure it out.
20. MartyK posted on 25 Oct 2012, 13:59 0 0
Go to :setting/App/All/ google service frame work/ clear data/ and then do your system update...
23. Thomas032 posted on 25 Oct 2012, 14:58 0 0
Yeah i finally figured out what you meant. I tried several times and didn't work at all.
36. speed4evr posted on 26 Oct 2012, 11:57 1 0
The update will roll out from google servers from 10/25/12 to 11/16/12
28. OptimusOne posted on 25 Oct 2012, 15:17 1 0
im pretty sure they have the update on xda. no need for sprint to do it
just download it from xda because ill bet my house someone posted it there already
31. squallz506 posted on 25 Oct 2012, 16:21 1 0
not yet. everybody is checking every 5 minutes only two claim to have it already. and they havent uploaded it.
39. knightinc posted on 28 Oct 2012, 12:41 1 0
2. Cerberusa2a posted on 25 Oct 2012, 09:41 12 2
Verizon needs to get their sh*t together...i guess i`ll have to wait another couple months.
17. tedkord posted on 25 Oct 2012, 13:09 3 1
Hey, it takes time to make certain you strip every extra bit of functionality out of a device. The SGS3 is an amazing device - it's not easy to lock it down and cripple it.
I mean, Verizon wouldn't want people to get anything extra out of it that they could charge for.
5. FranksGT posted on 25 Oct 2012, 09:51 1 2
Dont be jealous any updates sprint phones get all I have is customers complaining about features not working. Im waiting for the calls to flow in.
7. quickweevil posted on 25 Oct 2012, 10:33 2 0
When the RAZR's got the ICS update it was a nightmare too. Not cool.
33. thunder18 posted on 25 Oct 2012, 18:38 0 0
As opposed to having Verizon take features out like Google wallet, etc?
6. Panta posted on 25 Oct 2012, 09:57 7 1
Not gotten it yet, but I must say my Sprint Galaxy S3 is the best phone I have ever owned! Can't wait until it's gets even better. And the news about the dual screen update in December is awesome too.
9. Jeradiah3 posted on 25 Oct 2012, 10:43 1 0
I saw that on the international version of the Note II and its a great feature!! i think that the US version of the Note II will get it as well
11. redmd posted on 25 Oct 2012, 10:50 2 1
I say it's so smooth on jellybean I'm not seeing and feeling any lag at all. no force closes so far.
12. AlexYouOC posted on 25 Oct 2012, 11:00 2 0
My Sprint Galaxy S3 >>>>>>>> every phone ive had before it
13. W.P._Android_in_that_Order posted on 25 Oct 2012, 12:08 1 0
I hope to get my 4.2 update shortly after the Gogle announcement comming up. It feels good to know i dont have to wait. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about my gs3 on Verizon... if Sprint is getting the update today, then it will most likely be at least 3 months until i get the update from Verizon. Why did i switch from Sprint for a better network when i'm in wifi most of the time?
16. gallitoking posted on 25 Oct 2012, 13:01 1 3
what this article doesnt say is that it may take a couple of weeks for the update to reach all Sprint SGIII owners
18. tedkord posted on 25 Oct 2012, 13:11 1 0
If they wait for it to roll out. Anyone can give the update today if they're anxious.
Not bad for a device many said works never get JB.
21. Berzerk000 posted on 25 Oct 2012, 14:28 1 0
It will take a few weeks to reach them OTA, but anyone can force update. Not a big deal
22. gallitoking posted on 25 Oct 2012, 14:48 1 2
wonder how many average onwers know how to force update.. but they are with Sprint so thats punishment enough
24. Berzerk000 posted on 25 Oct 2012, 15:01 2 0
Probably not many, but most users don't even know there is an update until their device tells them there is. My iPod didn't tell me I could update to iOS 6 until about 2 weeks after it was released; though I knew there was an update, I wouldn't have known unless it told me or if I hooked it up to iTunes, which I haven't done since it crashed almost a year ago when I jailbroke it and I had to restore.
29. gallitoking posted on 25 Oct 2012, 15:30 2 0
you have a point there.. very true indeed
30. tedkord posted on 25 Oct 2012, 15:57 3 0
It probably took so long to get to your iPod because it used Apple Maps to navigate to your phone. Probably spent the first week trying to install itself on a toaster in Zimbabwe... ;)
35. Berzerk000 posted on 25 Oct 2012, 22:17 0 0
Haha, it tried for nothing, I didn't update anyways :)
34. PapaSmurf posted on 25 Oct 2012, 19:22 0 0
Right? I plan on getting the LG Nexus 4 for the pure vanilla experience, but I don't want to let go of my S3 just yet....
37. Android posted on 26 Oct 2012, 15:24 0 0
My next phone is definitely going to be a Nexus, unlocked, so I don't have to wait for the latest Android updates to be approved by the carriers. Waiting on Samsung to unveil their Nexus.
26. ChafedBanana posted on 25 Oct 2012, 15:15 3 0
Kudos to Sprint for being first. It would be nice if other carriers were as fast.
32. GeekMovement posted on 25 Oct 2012, 17:21 0 0
Thanks Sprint, I just hope the update is clean and fully ready. Haven't seen an update on my S3 yet.
38. knightinc posted on 28 Oct 2012, 12:40 0 0
if you cant wait for the update check theis website out!!!!
its the real deal im using it on my sprint sg3 and its nice!!!! so it cant wait check it out!!!
40. Panta posted on 17 Nov 2012, 07:50 0 0
Has anyone actually gotten this update automatically yet? This is ridiculous. First to announce, but not first to implement? They just wanted to be first, but it isn't even true. T-Mobile people have already gotten theirs!
42. AlexYouOC posted on 18 Nov 2012, 11:04 0 0
I forced the update on my S3 last night and it worked perfectly.
Go to settings, Application manager, All, Google Services Framework, Clear Data and then Force Stop.
After that Check for update of Samsung software. The Jelly Bean prompt should pop right up
44. AlexYouOC posted on 20 Nov 2012, 06:08 0 0
No problem... Glad to help
41. lzsbleach posted on 18 Nov 2012, 08:26 0 0
My mom got the update and the phone is so much better and smooth, now Im just waiting for mines