Sprint is rumored to be interested in partnership with Dish Network
0. phoneArena posted on 07 Dec 2012, 18:07
According to a couple people familiar with the potential deal, Sprint and Dish would gain access to each company’s...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. roscuthiii posted on 07 Dec 2012, 18:11 2 0
These days... who isn't the subject of rumors that one of these two are getting into bed with? :-\
6. Nadr1212 posted on 07 Dec 2012, 20:23 0 0
That's kinda cool cuz I currently have Dish Network as my TV network and I used to have Sprint provide me with a moveable wifi square kind of thing
2. Ravail posted on 07 Dec 2012, 18:13 0 6
If there is any truth to this rumor... R.I.P. Dish.
3. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 07 Dec 2012, 19:02 1 1
I just wish dish would be purchased by another company!
8. Android4u posted on 07 Dec 2012, 23:57 0 2
i think directv already put the nail in the coffin .. dish sucks haha
11. TechnoTechyes posted on 08 Dec 2012, 15:58 1 0
Looks like you fell for the Directv commercials' BS.
Did you ever really analyze DTV commercials?
i.e. Dish has most HD but... 24 are only part time Then they show DTV has 170 full time HD channels (implying that Dish has less, but they are not saying that, just being confusing dumb people)
They have also compared their cheapest programming to Dish's. stating how much better theirs was (not saying that they are comparing a $150 then $300/yr plan to a $360 then $660/yr plan)
Directv is super dishonest, and you fell for it.
4. MC1123 posted on 07 Dec 2012, 19:34 0 0
lol...after the rumors of google making a network of their own using dish...suddenly other company are now interested with dish...
5. tward291 posted on 07 Dec 2012, 19:39 0 0
Dish wants to use the spectrum to allow receivers to receive service without a dish. Just how you don't need coax to each Joey in the hopper system.
7. belovedson posted on 07 Dec 2012, 20:45 1 0
Win win I hope this situation is more then just a rumor
9. lsutigers posted on 08 Dec 2012, 09:44 1 0
Sprint actually does own quite a bit of spectrum, the re-farmed Nextel 800 mhz spectrum is a huge nationwide chunk of spectrum that is being re-purposed thus giving Sprint much more flexibility. Also, that's not counting Clearwire's gobs of higher frequency spectrum which will be used for LTE Advanced and network offloading in highly dense/populated areas.
10. Sprintfan posted on 08 Dec 2012, 14:28 0 0
Sprint is in a better position than all the companies spectrum wise. With the shutting down of nextel and using that for LTE and 51% ownership of Clearwire it goes without say Sprint has more spectrum than ATT/VZW.