Sprint intros shatterproof WeGo phone for kids
0. phoneArena 11 Apr 2014, 10:59 posted on
The WeGo phone is available to buy starting today. Sprint allows select customers to get it for $0 upfront and 24 monthly payments of $5...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. chunky1x (Posts: 268; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
Your child will hate you for giving this excuse for a phone.
3. ajac09 (Posts: 1418; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
and relying on sprints network for their safety.
5. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1791; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
yup... I'll trust some random stranger than Sprint...
6. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
the kids will make an emergency call into child services (if theyre in the service area for sprint) and tell them how their parents beat them and give them crappy phones on a crappy provider. then the children will be taken away from their horrible family and put into a new family where they have a better provider and theyll get better phones.
11. na7noo7 (Posts: 278; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
You and I are friends now, I would give you $100 if I could.
7. ihavenoname (Posts: 1580; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Rest of the specs:
Snapdragon 805 clocked at 3.0 GHz
1" 2560x 1440 Assertive display
Dual BoomSound speakers at back
Touch ID at front, integrated heart rate monitor on lock button
Hidden 50mp Pureview camera
Grenade functionality (with easy-to-use trigger)
15. vuyonc (Posts: 667; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Don't forget LTE Cat 6, runs full Windows 8.1 and is waterproof up to 20 metres.
8. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Shows how desperate they are for more customers....can't let these fools buy T - Mobile.
9. xondk (Posts: 429; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
interesting thing, since there's a reason that everytime I see people giving kids iphone/android phone, whatever, that I cringe, I don't care how good or sturdy that phone is, kids are going to break it, and then they are going to whine about it breaking and try to get another, seen it all too freaking often.
Maybe this is a good thing to give a child that you know hasn't quite learned to take care of things they own.
19. Doakie (Posts: 1588; Member since: 06 May 2009)
I bought my two daughters Boost Mobile Kyocera Hydro's when they were $10 at Target. Plus Sprint is charging 24×$5=$120 for this phone. I think buying your kids cheap Android phones is fine. Or how bout on T-Mobile? I bought my father an Alcatel One Touch Evolve for $49. Put a $5 TPU case on that and it won't be breaking from a simple drop on concrete. I could buy two of those and still have spent less than this crap. The only redeemable feature this junk has is the SOS function.
No one should give their kids iPhones. That's just stupid.
10. na7noo7 (Posts: 278; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
Seriously? Your 8 year old kid will hate you when you give him a phone with a small screen like this.
12. xondk (Posts: 429; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
yeah and they are also going to hate you if you give them a 'real' phone and THEY break it and you don't replace it for them..
13. na7noo7 (Posts: 278; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
Even a Phone with a Snapdragon 9000 octa core 512-bit processor with 1YB of RAM that costs $100000? IMPOSSIBRU!
16. hurrycanger (Posts: 1492; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Looks like a matagotchi I had back in the days...
17. lilg29 (Posts: 89; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
Why would they add 1,000 usable text messages if you can't text?
20. Planterz (Posts: 1490; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Does it go Mooooo when you pull the string?