Sprint gives us its "State of the network" report
0. phoneArena 21 Dec 2012, 00:27 posted on
Sprint released a "State of the network" look of where the nation's third largest carrier stands in terms of its network upgrades; 49 markets are currently covered by Sprint's particular flavor of LTE and 150 more will be turned on in the months ahead and the mobile operator continues to enhance 3G service in 70 markets offering faster data speeds and stronger signals...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sniggly (Posts: 7253; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
And Saint Louis still isn't mentioned? Bad move, Sprint.
5. -box- (Posts: 3964; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I haven't really noticed sprint doing that well here. Most of the stores I used to see have closed, and I see more AT&T, T-Mobile, straight talk, verizon, and U.S. Cellular users than anything, and mostly AT&T, T-Mo, and cricket stores (excepting big-box stores).
21. pats4thewin (Posts: 29; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
that list isnt complete, as well as it could be like it is here in va beach. the towers are going up but its not "fully launched" so they dont announce it. i get lte in about 3 places around here though on my gs3
3. tiburonpineda (Posts: 39; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
What about Seattle and the northwest???
4. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Lousiana? check! haha...... nice
6. Jyakotu (Posts: 829; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
How in the hell does Dunn, Chapel Hill, North Wilkesboro, Raleigh, and Cary get 4G LTE before Charlotte in NC!? Chapell Hill and Raleigh can get a pass since those are estentially college towns, but the other locations make zero sense! Ugh!!! -_-
8. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
lol i know right ........o well at least there moving in our state so it shouldnt be too long
9. apocalypsebc (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Wow! Dalton GA. over Macon GA... You can do better than that Sprint!
10. hotdoggnboi (Posts: 10; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
Phoenix, AZ is the 6th largest city in the nation - and no where on there list of cities to get LTE soon.... bummer for my friends on Sprint
18. yarmock (Posts: 4; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I believe they said a while back, that current WiMax cities wouldnt be getting any LTE in the first round of the LTE rollout. I could be wrong, but ive heard it multiple times. Which is why Cleveland, OH still only have wimax but no mention of LTE.
11. Landmarkcm (Posts: 479; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Still no Las Vegas either wow. I wont be going back to sprint anytime soon
12. PhoneCrazy09 (Posts: 5; Member since: 01 Mar 2010)
Greenwood?? Really well... ive been rolling with sprint long enough enough they always come through even late so ill wait and see how this pans out.. seems they are hitting all small markets before deploying into big markets interesting tatic.
13. ajac09 (Posts: 1421; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
zzzz @ sprint fix your network issues then thump your chest
14. speed4evr (Posts: 79; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Im in podunk, ID and wont see LTE for sometime unfortunately.
15. ibap (Posts: 725; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Why does this have the look of a massive beta test? Otherwise, there is no reason to the list of cities.
16. PoopyPants (Posts: 7; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
I love when these lists come out. It's the same for every carrier when they release a list "Hey WHAT ABOUT MY CITY! YOU SUCK (Insert Carrier Name Here)!" Unless they released 4G in every city simultaneously no one would ever be happy, that's why it's called a "roll-out" people. I didn't see Sprint "thumping their chest" @ajac09, it was simply a statement as to their progress thus far and their plans, get real man. Should they just not EVER say anything about their plans or what they've done unless it covers your specific cities, or should they just wait and only release statements that say "We've covered the entire United States....enjoy your 4G".
These are my favorite posts to read comments on, every carrier get bashed when they name cities, Sprint is playing catch up, they can't do it all at once and they've been pretty aggressive, if you don't like it....switch. Then when your new carrier rolls out 5G and your city isn't the first city upgraded..... bitch and switch again.
17. cripton805 (Posts: 1133; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
What are you people complaining about? These are just on the list right now. It doesn't mean it's not coming...
They just released LTE in what, July? Their progress is good actually.
19. lilg29 (Posts: 89; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
So San Diego doesn't have the LTE love? Big Population, paying customers... lets put two and two together...
20. GeekMovement (Posts: 1900; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Not a single market anywhere in the Northwest. Disappointing to be honest.
22. Yankchef (Posts: 76; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
just talked to a sprint rep and said that new orleans is at least 6 months out for lte
23. Landmarkcm (Posts: 479; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Sprint has fallen behind Tmobile on coverage now which is pretty pathetic & here in Vegas there wimax sucked. Ill stick with Verizon
24. lsutigers (Posts: 804; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Haha, no way T-Mobile has better coverage than Sprint. Nice try though. TMO is deal last of the big 4, and by far.
27. Landmarkcm (Posts: 479; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Lol everyone does have there own experiences of course but I have had them all to & here in a big city of Vegas Sprint overall is the slowest and other places ive gone as well. Just google it. There 3g is the slowest overall. Again nice to have unlimited but not if your looking at a screen buffering and still need wifi all the time mostly. Plus an airave for decent indoor coverage. There wimax was a joke as well pretty much. I am not a "fanboy" really of anything right now except windowsphone & would gladly take Sprint's good deals if you got good service! You really do get what ya pay for sometimes.
26. cripton805 (Posts: 1133; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Tmobile is the only carrier that constantly drops calls in my area. Even prepaid that doen't run on Tmobile works better here and I'm in an area where all carriers should have service.