Sprint follows suit by selling the Samsung Galaxy Nexus for free
0. phoneArena 03 Aug 2012, 14:33 posted on
Interestingly enough, Sprint is following accordingly by bringing its version to the same price. Taking a quick peek at Sprint’s web site today, we find the memorable Samsung Galaxy Nexus selling for free to those looking to start a new line of service with the carrier...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
If the Galaxy Nexus was a world phone Id def buy it.
The next Nexus needs to be a world phone. For that to happen it needs to be made by Motorola (they hold the best patents for world phones)
Id pay good money for a Motorola Nexus
6. guyver192 (Posts: 14; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
The GSM Nexus Is a world phone. I may not run on cdma but it does have a Pentaband GSM radio. works with just about every GSM Network around the world.
2. MalakiMills (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
Excellent deal on an excellent phone. Love my Nexus and the only thing that will get it out of my hands is the next one. (please verizon continue getting the nexus's)
3. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
the Nexus One?? umm the Nexus One was cool back 3 years ago. CyanogenMod is discontinuing support and Google discontinued support after Gingerbread.
You should get out some time... theres a Lot better phones out there now
5. tlsmithsr (Posts: 81; Member since: 28 Sep 2010)
I think Malaki was saying the only thing that will get his current Nexus out of his hands is "THE NEXT ONE"
"Love my Nexus and the only thing that will get it out of my hands is the next one. "
7. MalakiMills (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
tlsmithsr is right. I meant that only the next nexus phone to come out could get my attention. Although I do remember the original nexus one and how bad I wanted it. To bad verizon never got it, all we got was the incredible. (still a great phone and I got it anyway but you know what I mean)
18. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
mabad, lol when I saw the 9 thumbsdown i thought "clearly I made a mistake"
I owned the Nexus one was great for its time. When it came out there was no iPhone 4 so it definately was the original "iphone killer"
And YES the NEXT ONE will no doubt be a beast!
4. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Heyyy that "anonymous" tipster was me :(
20. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Nice. :) I tipped them on the Best Buy deal. Next time maybe tell them explicitly you'd like credit. they may assume by default that you want to remain anonymous.
8. Dec0der (Posts: 9; Member since: 11 Jun 2011)
This is a win-win, for consumers and carriers. Carriers are scrambling to move their inventories of GNex devices as Judge Koh strikes down any chance Samsung had at defending itself in court. It's clear which way she wants this ruled on, and if the ban is reinstated the carriers will be left holding the bag. Why not give it away now and thin your inventory down to negligible levels while picking up new 2-year contracts.
10. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I'd say within a month or so. They already are BOGO
And LOL at the troll thumbing everyone down
12. phoenixpr (Posts: 167; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
BOGO, OK sound like a plan for the family. Thanks, thumbing down troll, you S.U.C.K.!!!
19. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
I think it was eclipse. hes the only one with no thumbsdown ;)
13. mahony (Posts: 15; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
The Galaxy SII for sprint has been 1 cent for months now on amazon wireless.
17. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Oh lol well in that case i redact my previous statement :P The Sprint GNEX came out in April soooo my guess is around November
11. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 1071; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
I bet the next Gnex is on the horizon for us. Sprint does this when they are ready to launch a new device.
16. ChafedBanana (Posts: 368; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I always pay full retail for my phones on launch day because I'm crazy like Mel Gibson.
22. BDW2008 (Posts: 25; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
i work at sprint and this phone doe not even sell especially with the godly spec and ridiculously great s3 i have mine on my free employee line im considering getting another one on my personal line which is att and an iphone 4s cuz this phone has shown me that android is by far superior to ios and this is coming from a loyal apple fan for years