Sprint delays its retail launch of the Samsung Galaxy S4
0. phoneArena 24 Apr 2013, 09:19 posted on
Late Tuesday, we told you that T-Mobile had delayed the online launch of the Samsung Galaxy S4 by 5 days and this morning, Sprint has announced that it too is having inventory problems related to the phone which means it will not be in its stores this Saturday as originally anticipated; online and phone sales will still go on as scheduled...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. KFear (Posts: 143; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
How is this Sprint's fault. The same thing is happening at T-Mobile. Spring and Samsung agreed on a date, Samsung said they cannot meet that deadline.
2. Gtrav (Posts: 13; Member since: 31 Mar 2013)
They only tried to rush the date to combat the HTC One. It was always supposed to come out in May.
13. MyJobSux (Posts: 102; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Why would Sprint care when a phone comes out, really? It would be better for the carrier to stagar the deployment giving the consumer few choices. Too many choices can send a prospective new customer out the door frustraited trying to figure out what to buy. All that really matters is that a new customer gets a phone and past that first 30 days so their locked into the contract. Sounds harsh but thats the way it is. Sprint doenst care if you buy the HTC One, GS4 or the iPhone 5, they want your business.
3. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Isn't this a true copycat spirit of copying HTC One's delay strategy?
4. kevv2288 (unregistered)
Sucks for sprint my at&t s4 is in transit from fed ex should be delievered today :)
5. Memo214 (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
I just got in touch with a friend that runs a Sprint store and I was told the phone has not been delayed, will be ready for pick up on Saturday.
8. mcshank (Posts: 47; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
Your friend is lieing to you, Store pick up's are only for Online/Phone pre-orders to stores. To walk in and buy one will not happen this saturday.
10. JEverettnow (Posts: 226; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
We have not been told of a delay at my location either. Everything seems to be on schedule.
14. wumberpeb (Posts: 453; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
it was posted on the ISC home page earlier today
6. downphoenix (Posts: 3155; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
not sure if this rumor is valid. We havent received any communication about a delay yet.
7. TheMan (Posts: 487; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I'm fairly certain that it's not considered a rumor when the source is Sprint itself.
9. downphoenix (Posts: 3155; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
its not listed at newsroom.sprint.com and we dont have any info regarding this in our material. So yea, until its listed there, or is mentioned in any of their social networking platforms like Facebook or Twitter, rumor.
Would be nice if PhoneArena actually cited their sources sometimes.
Nevermind, they did cite their source. Its just their source didnt cite theirs.
12. KFear (Posts: 143; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
It might be online and VAD only. All day it wasn't posted about any delays. We will have to wait and see as I'm guessing Sprint does not have all the details just yet