Sprint covers six more markets with its LTE signal
0. phoneArena posted on 18 Dec 2012, 13:46
As we get closer to the end of 2012, we can look back and say that the nation's third largest carrier is doing its job of covering the country with the carrier's 4G LTE signal, and while it might not be as fast as many Sprint customers would like, step back and look at where the carrier is; on Tuesday, Sprint added LTE service to six new markets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. letgomyeggroll posted on 18 Dec 2012, 13:52 1 0
REALLY!!!! Fairfield and Vallejo, the 2 combined the size of Sacramento Metro and only 30-40 minutes away. They get the LTE first before Sacramento!!!!! That is nuts!!!!!!!!
18. htc_prep posted on 18 Dec 2012, 16:37 1 0
Same thing I'm thinking. We are the capital after all. People from fairfield and Vallejo commute here to work. We need lte!!!
2. Omarc07 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 14:08 1 0
does anyone know how fast sprints LTE is? its finally available in puerto rico yay i have at&t right now but its reeaaaally expensive im paying 110-120 a month for 1 phone . But then again its LTE networks is fast and available in more places in puerto rico . I would switch to sprint if its LTE was as fast as atts , over here in san juan PR i get 30 mbps with bursts of 40 so i cant complain about speed. But its killing me how much im paying a month and i only have 3GB of data so sprint is looking good everyday lol . So yea does anyone know how fast sprints LTE is ??
4. letgomyeggroll posted on 18 Dec 2012, 14:13 3 6
Sprint LTE is suppose to be faster than ATT LTE
11. Omarc07 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 15:15 2 2
hehe i dnt think so i just went to the local sprint store in plaza americas i took my at&t galaxy s3 to compare i saw the evo LTE it was already displaying full bars of LTE ran serveral speed test never got higher than 3 mbps lol while i was getting 22-26 on my att galaxy s3 ohh well i guess ima stick with at&t -_-"
12. letgomyeggroll posted on 18 Dec 2012, 15:25 3 1
They don't use the tower at the store, they use internal network. If you're getting 3 mbps, than its not LTE you're using.
13. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 18 Dec 2012, 15:39 0 0
hahaha i know right? lol
15. Omarc07 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 15:47 0 0
thts what i tought cuz i kno Lte cant be that sloow but watevs im stickin with att..
14. PapaSmurf posted on 18 Dec 2012, 15:46 0 0
Whoever told you that Sprint's LTE was faster than AT&T lied to you. My friend's iPhone 5 pulls download speeds lower than my GS3 on T-Mobile (22mbps vs 13mbps). I will give it to Sprint though, their upload speeds are pretty good.
17. letgomyeggroll posted on 18 Dec 2012, 16:34 1 1
That's because you have an IPhone, why don't you compare oranges to oranges. You IPhone controls what you can get, and also its the first LTE for Apple and they not did not INNOVATE!!!!!!!!!!!!
23. PapaSmurf posted on 19 Dec 2012, 04:51 0 0
Either you're trying to be a troll or toy don't know how top read.
19. baldilocks posted on 18 Dec 2012, 17:19 0 0
Not a big surprise when only 2 or 3 are using Sprint LTE...
24. squallz506 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 08:19 0 0
I consistently get 25-30mbps down on sprints lte.
16. Foudascaralho posted on 18 Dec 2012, 16:33 0 0
Been getting 10-15 mbps on average with a peak at about 19mbps in an unofficial market
5. Sevsign posted on 18 Dec 2012, 14:18 4 0
Us here in the Northwest would love to join the party. It sucks to have an LTE phone and live in an area that can barely get 3G coverage. Seriously considering jumping ship if the May 2013 timeline is going to hold true for us in the Seattle area.
9. yungmel0 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 15:03 3 0
I agree It's crazy to have the latest and greatest in tech and can't use it to it's full potential. I live in New York and the 3G speeds here still suck even after the so called upgrade. I've been loyal to sprint for 4 years now and its kind of getting old seeing Verizon and Att fly by just for Sprint to play catch up if by the time my contract gets here and nothing changes im gone....
20. tiburonpineda posted on 18 Dec 2012, 19:23 3 0
i agree with you! We need LTE here in Seattle Spokane and Yakima Valley
22. GeekMovement posted on 19 Dec 2012, 02:06 3 0
Totally agree. Where's the LTE for the Northwest? Wake up Sprint.
6. ibap posted on 18 Dec 2012, 14:45 1 0
I have not found any logic to their LTE pattern. Columbus, Ohio was one of the first 4G Wimax locations, but I haven't even seen it mentioned for LTE.
7. Sniggly posted on 18 Dec 2012, 14:47 2 0
Same for Saint Louis. It's irritating our customers.
8. adoniiz posted on 18 Dec 2012, 14:50 1 0
Sprints 4g (wimax) use to be decent now it sucks. Their LTE is fast but overloading their network just slows things down. When they expand their LTE i say make the switch, stick to AT&T!!
10. dicemoney posted on 18 Dec 2012, 15:08 3 0
I'm starting to get sprint LTE in fort Lauderdale yay
21. Xavier1415 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 23:26 1 1
I'm still waiting for Augusta ga to get lte its in atl and atl is a hour an a half from me hurry up sprint
25. apocalypsebc posted on 20 Dec 2012, 02:49 0 0
Bring it to Macon GA.Sprint! Atlanta Georgia is 45 minutes away and the LTE service is great there.
26. DonLouie posted on 25 Dec 2012, 06:22 0 0
I had 4G for all of a couple minutes here in Indianapolis a couple weeks ago....