Sprint could be the first U.S. carrier with the Samsung Ativ S and HTC Tiara
0. phoneArena 26 Mar 2013, 19:39 posted on
Back in January, Sprint announced that it would be offering two Windows Phone 8 handsets sometimes this summer and while no particular models have been named, the rumor mill has been working overtine to produce the pair of handsets; according to the speculation, the Samsung Ativ S and the HTC Tiara are expected to be launched by the nation's third largest carrier as soon as May...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tigermcm (Posts: 851; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
No one believed me when i said sprint would be the one to bring the ativ s state side. Not only that no one believed me that it wouldnt start until the focus was taken off the s3 and now on to the s4. Now theres spare s3 parts available for the ativ s.......too late smh
2. KickRocks (Posts: 161; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
Could be nice but it's still on sprint, so there goes that!
10. Ruckus (Posts: 286; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
You guys must either not be a fan of unlimited data (at&t and Vzw users) or a fan of coverage (T-Mobile) lol :) the choice is yours.
16. JDogg5281 (Posts: 64; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
No....just fans of being able to actually use your data with some kind of quickness. Hows that sprint 3g speed working out...actually hows WiMax going.
22. lsutigers (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Actually, Sprint 3G data is running between 1.3 - 2.4 mbps, 4G WiMAX is between 4 - 12mbps and 4G LTE is running between 17 - 36mbps in my market that was upgraded a few months ago. Sprint is serious about network investment and the speeds are plenty fast. Finally, this is the year I switch my family plan from Verizon to Sprint.
4. Ruckus (Posts: 286; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Thank you Sprint! I've been waiting far too long. Its ashame there isn't a Lumia model in Sprint (yet) but the Ativ-S is solid and the Tiara seems legit too.
Im tired of the slow inaccurate buggy user interface Android has.
6. ZeroCide (Posts: 765; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Man you gotta be careful what you say around here... You gonna get yourself shot.
9. Ruckus (Posts: 286; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
For what??? Saying Androids UI is terrible? Its quite true :) soon i can dump this overrated piece of **** Android device names the Motorola Photon :)
12. belovedson (Posts: 975; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
the photon was a pos when it came out. you wouldn't be complaining as much if you have a s3 or the newer motorola
23. lsutigers (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Actually my buddy still has a Photon and he is quite happy with it. He gets reception is places where no other phone ever works. If it wasn't for Motorola castrating it by not upgrading it to even ICS, the phone would still be great. That was such a bad move by Moto, a lot of people got burned by buying the phone based on Motorola's guarantee it would upgrade the OS and never did.
5. ZeroCide (Posts: 765; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
I'll believe it when i see it at my sprint store.
11. belovedson (Posts: 975; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
why would they not bring in nokia? sprint seems to want windows to fail.
13. Kite09 (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
I'm on Sprint now with the S3 and feel like I'm driving a Ferarri in a perpetual school zone. Sprint needs to step up their network game to get on par with ATT & Verizon.
15. NateAdam8 (Posts: 388; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
One of my Sisters are with Sprint and her Data Speed sucks ass I feel like my T-Mobiles "4G" is faster but at least there getting a Samsung Ativ S........................ f**k THE iPHONE!!!!!!!
18. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
No matter what phone(s) they carry, they'll still have a sh*tty network.
19. dkpitman (Posts: 35; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
I can't help but wonder why Sprint feels the need to introduce two WP8 phones only months before Microsoft's annual WP release?
When Sprint began carrying the iPhone 4S, they didn't decide to release the 4 that summer. (I believe the 4S was the first iPhone on Sprint... right?)
I'd lik to see Sprint decide to give WP a fighting chance, even though they're afraid it could interfere with their iPhone sales.
20. Jyakotu (Posts: 844; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Kind of wish Sprint got a Lumia model, but the Ativ S is still a solid choice.
21. ZeroCide (Posts: 765; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
wishin and prayin for Lumia 940. COME-ON SPRINT!!!