Sprint confirms the removal of Carrier IQ software from phones starting in January
0. phoneArena 17 Jan 2012, 12:09 posted on
Sprint has confirmed that they will be removing Carrier IQ from their phones with OTA updates, starting this month with the EVO 3D...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rockhouse67 (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
Cool....but what's next. (still concerned tho)
2. bucky (Posts: 1988; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
makes you wonder if they would have done anything had it not been publicized so widely. f**king crooks
3. BRUCELEE0503 (Posts: 11; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
no need to be concerned. its not be deal.
4. GeekMovement (Posts: 1909; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
yes carrier iq gone is good. there's got to be better solutions than to be involved in that company's mess. please come to sgsii epic 4g touch soon!
5. mctcm (Posts: 204; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Goodbye carrierIQ, hello new tracking software you are unaware of
6. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
I won't believe it's fully gone until xda confirms it. They probably removed Carrier IQ and installed a different data collection tool that's less obtrusive. I wish AT&T would remove that crap from my Skyrocket, but they probably have stock in Carrier IQ ;)
7. clott2 (Posts: 7; Member since: 20 Nov 2009)
This is good news. Now, if only Sprint would send the maintenance updates out sooner than later.