Sprint confirms Android 4.4.2 KitKat updates for Samsung Galaxy Mega, Note II, S III and others
0. phoneArena 05 Mar 2014, 18:41 posted on
Five Samsung Android devices that are sold by Sprint will be updated to Android KitKat later this year. Sprint didn't say exactly when the updates will be released...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Better not be too long ): Maybe next month? I already think Sprint is rather sluggish..
21. skymitch89 (Posts: 1050; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
How is Sprint sluggish at releasing updates? They're one of the first US carriers to release Android updates.
31. axllebeer (Posts: 265; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
And the last to update BlackBerry devices. Although my Q10 is siting on the sidelines for now and now I'm waiting for this update to my S4 Mini.
12. DnB925Art (Posts: 190; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I'm glad my Note 2 will be updated, though more likely it will be the last update, but at least it is still getting support after a year and a half. It seems like it is just Sprint and not Samsung who is holding up the update.
13. joey_sfb (Posts: 2847; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Galaxy S3 is 2 year old device. No longer being sold.
Glad that Samsung is still supporting the phone.
24. PorkyBurger (Posts: 216; Member since: 18 May 2013)
For me too, and it's only 255 EUR for 16GB~!!
26. Cesar (Posts: 129; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
The iPhone 4 is 4 years old and still get the last update ;)
27. DnB925Art (Posts: 190; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I'm glad that the iPhone 4 got the latest update so it can use Siri and turn by turn Apple maps. Plus it must run pretty fast as well after being updated.
32. axllebeer (Posts: 265; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
I'm assuming this is to be taken as satire.
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7987; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Just got the 4.4.2 update on my Note 3 today (T-Mobile - N900T) and if the same update is passed along to the Note 2 and S3, Sprint users will LOVE their phone more.
16. jexxx (Posts: 48; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
That is what makes samsung different from the others (in terms of their flagships).
17. fzacek (Posts: 1550; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
If Sprint is giving out the updates, do its subsidiaries like Virgin Mobile and Boost get the updates too? Just wondering because I have a ZTE Supreme from Virgin.
18. andynaija (Posts: 457; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Well ZTE and Samsung are two different companies....
30. Buckeye77 (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 May 2014)
I just spoke with Virgin Mobile and was told they have not been told of when they update will be available for the S3. But we will know when the update hits because we will be see the update available message. :( I am really hoping we get it and soon!
19. jskates420 (Posts: 40; Member since: 29 Jun 2013)
Yes finally delicious kitkat on my S4mini
23. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
Hey just wanna ask because my s3 broke and im getting it fixed but im planning to buy an s4 mini. how does it perform? Is it laggy? how about the battery life? I'd really appreciate your answer or any other s4 mini users here.
25. jskates420 (Posts: 40; Member since: 29 Jun 2013)
Well its really lag free youll hardly notice any lag and the battery life lasts me all day from 8-5pm with a bit of heavy use for example you could watch youtube videos and the battery will probably drop 25 percent in like 2 hours I love this pgone especially with the Google Experience Launcher,I say you get it bro.
28. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
Thanks bro really appreciate your feedback. I'm really excited on this phone gonna buy this maybe next week.
In my experience I don't really need the top of the line specs on a phone because what I do is mostly just texting, so one handed use is my priority. and listening to music so pocketability is much wanted. Also occational movies and games (NBA2k14) but I have my LG GPad for that in case the s4 mini won't cut it. :))
33. axllebeer (Posts: 265; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
I will agree also with the above that the Mini is a great device. I too place importance on the almighty "1 handed ease of use" so the Miki was the only option I was considering to replace my Q10 and it's faulty keyboard. Happy with my purchase.
29. sprintuser10 (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
Just received the KitKat 4.2.2 on Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 this morning!
34. axllebeer (Posts: 265; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
Dang! My Sprint Tab 3 hasn't got it yet. Going to have to go check it again now!