Sprint changing its tethering plans, no more 5GB plan for $29.99 a month
0. phoneArena 22 May 2012, 03:16 posted on
Sprint has made some changes to its tethering plans and the 5GB for $30 plan has been 86'd, replaced by a 2GB deal that costs $19.99 per month and a 6GB deal that is priced at $49.99 monthly; those using the 5GB/$30 monthly service are grandfathered until the user cancels the service...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
tmobiles new tether plans in pic? you guys have it wrong its sprints. just thought you might want to fix that
3. Beholder88 (Posts: 81; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
So, if you are on network and go over by $0.05 per MB, that's $51.20 per GB. Verizon only charges $10 per GB when you go over. Looks worse if you aren't on their network, it equals $256 per GB in overage!
4. gaby1451 (Posts: 113; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Oh wow, I hadn't done the math but that's crazy!
5. greathero1 (Posts: 554; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Why would they eliminate the $29.99 plan? So the next step up from $19.99 is $50? That is completely insane.
6. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Did they just overtake Verizon's expensive data???
They are pricing themselves out of the market.
7. Sparhawk (Posts: 75; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
Since they are still trying to pretend they can offer unlimited data on their smartphones without stressing their network, they have to make up the lost revenue somewhere.
8. lsutigers (Posts: 816; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Well that has already changed in some parts of the country and will be changing through the next 3-12 months when the entire Nationwide Sprint Network is upgraded to 3G Advanced, HD Voice and LTE. But I agree, right now, some markets are experiencing the iPhone / smartphone stress.