Sprint announces Touch Diamond and Touch Pro

0. phoneArena 10 Sep 2008, 09:12 posted on

Sprint today formally announced the HTC Touch Diamond and the Touch Diamond Pro, ending months of speculation...

1. ME (unregistered)

When is it coming to Verizon? What is the quality build of an HTC product?

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 09:25

yo nobody cares about verizon, SPRINT MAKES THE BEST PHONES, we gonna see whats going to happen once SPRINT comes out with WIMAX... whats gonna be ur question then, WHEN IS WIMAX COMING OUT FOR VERIZON?? LOL... SORRY I JUST HATE VERIZON, BUT WHAT I SAY IS TRUE

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 09:52

What phones does Sprint actually make?

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 09:58

5. RemmyZero (unregistered)

dude sprint doesn't make that phone, or any phone for that matter, so i don't quite follow your comment. HTC makes it and it's slated for verizon around next month. HTC has had identical phones with vzw and sprint for some time now. and as for WIMAX, we'll see what happens. right now VZWs EVDO rev A speed is fairly impressive. given the rate that sprint is losing customers and selling their property assets they may not be around as long as everyone hopes. i for one hope they don't have to fold and don't get acquired by a bigger company. it would just mean less choices and more monopolies.

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 10:41

8. vzw fanboy (unregistered)

you said it right remmyzero. haha lol. everyone on here cares about verizon idiot

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 10:46

I don't care about them...so i guess not everyone. Everyone does apparently care about Sprint becasue everytime there is news about Sprint all the little VZW fanboys spew their garbage posts.

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 11:18

dude ur lame, why hate? just cuz they are superior to most of the other carriers in the US. I guess u haven't read the JD and Associates report. VZW came up on top and the worst spot it got was 2nd place.I understand u like sprint but relax bro. They are just a carrier not presidential candidates.

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 11:45

Trust me not hating at all...just love busting balls on all the VZW fanboys when they make stupid comments like "everyone on here cares about verizon idiot". Why would I hate? I pay less and can do more on my phone and have a much better plan that VZW offers. I don't have dropped calls and always have service. I may roam from time to time but its free so no worries. I have free phone as a modem and get 1mbps speeds all over Indy. I think the question you should be asking is if VZW is so big and bad then why do the fanboys even care about Sprint? Jealousy maybe? Also way to go on the JD power. You do realize that all that is is a survey right? Which is just the opinion of 22,000 people no actual facts.

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 12:20

18. vzw fanboy (unregistered)

haha lol. why would i care about sprint. by everyone cares i mean, its always a fight having to do with verizon on all the news articles almost. well im not hurting on money so i dont care how much verizon charges, they still have more features, voice and data coverage out of any carrier.

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 12:43

does anyone now when it come out for alltel?

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 12:47

"well I'm not hurting for money so I don't care how much Verizon charges" That's what VZW loves to hear!

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 13:13

Well I don't understand what you are saying in the first part of your post but what ever. I would like you to list the "more features" you are talking about because I don't see any. I know with a Sprint dumb-phone you can add features like Opera Mini and Orb which I could not add to my buddies EnV. Since you seem to be a know all about VZW please list some of these features you talk about. Also noticed no VZW phone has Live Search which is one of the best features I have ever seen on a phone....Sprint has that as well.

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 13:47

you do realize that sprint lost $253 million and 1.09 million customers in the first three months of this year right? you do realize that sprint is in third place out of the four major carriers right? you do realize that sprint is ranked dead last in customer service in just about every survey even landing the top spot for the coveted customer service hall of shame? or maybe you overlooked sprints junk status credit rating? who would be jealous of any of those things... sprint fanboys are hilarious!

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 14:26

Yes I'm aware they lost 1.09 mill and will loss another mill in q3 and another in q4. Ever heard of iDen? They are jumping ship like there is no tomorrow and I don't blame them. Gary Forsee ran the company into the ground and made a very poor decision in merging with Nextel. He is now gone but the problems he caused are not. I've called CS twice in the last year and had no problems what so ever. Comcast ranks last in Cusotmer Service and they are doing just fine. I had to leave them becasue they want to charge an arm and a leg for something I can get else were for less. The fact that they are losing iDen customer effects me and my service no way what so ever. Did you see what Ford and GM lost last quarter? Should everyone just stop buying Ford and GM cars since thay are losing money? Also still wating for a list of all these features VZW has over all the other carriers. If you don't like Sprint or my comments then don't read any articles regarding Sprint.

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 15:50

30. vzw fanboy (unregistered)

i dont believe they have mobile Tv, they have way less 3g which verizon uses vcast so that right there makes way more features. if you have limited 3g, you have limited features. also there are waaaayy more things you can do on "my account online" on vzw than on sprint. verizon's current phones beat sprints phones in a landslide. "sprint is a cellphone company?" "i thought it was a new soda!" hahaha lol. do you honestly think sprint is better than VZW?

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 16:46

You try and discredit the survey because its just the opinions of 22,000 people. You do realize that the opinions of the customer is what actually counts because the customers are what makes the business. So if most of the people prefer VZW, then that sums it all up.

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 20:43

no problems with sprint as a company just fanboys such as yourself. nice way to spin sprint losing money and customers into a positive light. or saying jd ratings dont matter because you don't like the results or blaming iden for sprints failures. show me any survey or report that shows sprint being successful or vastly superior like you claim. youre lucky if you find anything that doesnt rank sprint dead last... if sprint is cheaper and far better than all other carriers like fanboys say, people would be flocking to them. simple as that. http://www.customersarealways.com/2007/05/sprint_makes_the_top_10_liston.html ^can anyone POSSIBLY be jealous of that????

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 22:48

First of all, not only does Sprint have mobile TV, they have more offerings than Vcast. NFL Network, E!, Spike, Disney, CNN and like 25 others. Yeah and they don't have way less 3G coverage than Verizon. Where do you get your info? Do a little research and you'll see that Sprint has a great data network. If you prefer VZW, cool. But don't come on here and spew nonsense!

posted on 11 Sep 2008, 00:23

You are such a stupid, Sprint sucks and Verizon rocks it is number one for everything sprint does not know how to run itself.

posted on 11 Sep 2008, 01:12

Your use of exceptional grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. sums up the intelligence level of people that favor verizon. By the way, I am impressed with the fact that your turned the word stupid into a noun.

posted on 11 Sep 2008, 07:03

38. vzw fanboy (unregistered)

why isnt mobile tv on sprints coverage map, like verizon and at&t? hahah, what are we doing writing a research paper. haha lol ..why you do care if we no talk the english up to the standrads of urself? go on vzw.com/coverage...at the bottom of the map it says "click here for boradband 3g network comparisions" it compared at&t and sprint with verizons 3g coverage map. "hey do you like sprint"? "why are you talking foreign, sprint is a verb not a noun!" "its a cellphone company" "oh ive never heard of them before"

posted on 11 Sep 2008, 07:04

39. vzw fanboy (unregistered)

plus vcast is different than mobile TV, idiot. haha lol

posted on 11 Sep 2008, 08:44

Sprint has had TV since 2005 notice the link below proving it. They don't have in on the coverage map because it works were ever Sprint coverage is. Apparently VZW and AT&T don't do that so they have a separate coverage map for TV since it is not availble everywere. http://www.mobiledia.com/news/36974.html We are not doing a research paper but we also are not writing fictional storys like you are. If you did research you would not look like a fool after your false comments are proven WRONG. Were do you get your info from? Just becasue you can type it does not make it true. Do the VZW fanboys know what Google is? Please use it before you make any more fictional posts. As far a EVDO goes...why does Sprint advertize having the largest broadband network? VZW was quick to make AT&T pull their "Fewest Droped Calls" but they have not made Sprint pull "With this plan and your Mobile Broadband Card or USB modem, you have instant Internet access wherever you go on the largest national Mobile Broadband network." Also were is VZWs streaming radio? I can listen to every NFL game local broadcast by team as well as watch any game on NFL Network form my phone. I have Sprint radio and well as Sirus and local radio stations from accross the county. You can also add Google maps to any phone since Sprint uses Java and not BREW.

posted on 11 Sep 2008, 11:20

41. vzw fanboy (unregistered)

listen buddy, i shouldnt have to go to google to see if sprint has mobile tv. its on verizon and at&t's coverage maps, so i logically thought it would be on sprint's.maybe because vzw knows sprint has no chance in catching up to the service of verizon... and like ive said many times i dont care how many features sprint has, they are worthless if you have no coverage. would u honestly take sprint over verizon or even at&t? especially if you travel? "sprint needs a mint for their stinky service"

posted on 11 Sep 2008, 11:46

42. vzw fanboy (unregistered)

hahahaha....verizon is the best on here...GO TO THIS EVERYONE....http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/verizon-wireless-post-gustav-test-drive/story.asp x?guid=%7BDED98051%2D587A%2D4E1E%2DA720%2DB231F7679A2D%7D

posted on 11 Sep 2008, 12:31

Well then do me a favor and don't comment on a company you obviously know nothing about. Sprint has had TV for 3 years yet you bash them and knowing nothing about them. Then you go with the infomous "they are worthless if you have no coverage". I love that one. You are right they have no coverage anywere in the US yet the have 50 some odd million customers pay them for service that does not work. They also whould not have 17 differnt MVNO's paying them to use thier network. Its non educated comments just like that which prove you have no idea what you are talking about. I drove 1,800 mile this year from Indy to the Outer Banks of NC only lossing service in the valleys of West Virgina and guess what my brothers finace who was also in my car did not have sevice either and she has the new EnV. If VZW works were you live and play then that is great and you should stick with them. VZW is the #1 carrier in the US for a reason. They are very well managed and have great coverage. I just personlly do not agree with some of there policys and restrictions which is why I am not a customer and the fact that they can not touch the plan I'm no. I am not a fan of GSM and llike to have 3G speeds so AT&T is not really an option for me right now. I am a city boy and travel quit often but stick to Interstates and cities with population above 50,000 and do not have any trouble with service and love the plan that in am one which is why I'm with Sprint. They give me want I want as an enduser for what I believe is a fair price. Now if I lived in a small town were Sprint did not have coverage I obviously would pick another carrier but that is not the case with me. Also if VZW knows Spint has not chance then why are they offering people $50 dollars to switch from Sprint to VZW? If they are so much better shouldn't the service and customer service alone be enough to make people switch?

posted on 11 Sep 2008, 15:48

45. vzw fanboy (unregistered)

sprint does have coverage in a lot of major cities and urban areas but on average not even close to that of vzw for rural. like ive said again you have to have coverage to use those features.. and sprint has no good commercials, they are so boring. 50 someodd million, but they lost millions of customersthey are going down, notup like most carriers. if you have coverage with sprint and get none with any other carrier, then i would advise you to get sprint, but if you live in a city and as long as you dont whine about verizon's prices then get verizon.

posted on 11 Sep 2008, 16:14

wah happen?

posted on 12 Sep 2008, 02:13

all i have to say is sprint work on all coverage networks..... thats why its called roaming because your using another companys network!

posted on 12 Sep 2008, 07:37

You do realize that Sprint has roaming agreements with Alltel for both voice and data for the rual areas and a voice only roaming agrement with VZW? So those areas were Sprint does not have service the phone still works and you avoid the higher price of VZW and still get to use their towers.

posted on 12 Sep 2008, 10:45

Yo I love sprint too. Yo they have to be great right yo? After all why would a company that closed 3000 store not be great..........YO

posted on 12 Sep 2008, 10:51

Just to let you know 50 dollars to switch from Sprint to VZW is not a company policy/offer

posted on 12 Sep 2008, 10:55

whos the best? hmmmmmm just read this http://www.jdpower.com/telecom/articles/2008-Wireless-Call-Quality-Volume-2

posted on 12 Sep 2008, 12:11

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I have never said they were not the best when it comes to call quality and CS. Also you must have DIRECTV then also since JD says they are the best and if you have Dish Network or any of the Cable providers you have the worst CS and quality? (Cable does have the worst CS by the way so I guess they are the Sprint of the TV service world). If not then you are a hypocrite. Also how do you sleep at night since VZW as well as Sprint have the worst phones since JD says Sony Ericsson is the best. http://www.jdpower.com/Electronics/ratings/mobile-phone-ratings-(volume-1) http://www.jdpower.com/telecom/ratings/cable-satellite-television-ratings/east One more article about the great company that is VZW. http://www.phonenews.com/verizons-fota-its-dangerous-dirty-little-secret-4508/#comments Nice way to bring out the OTA firmware updates and the last US carrier to do so!! That sux you lose all your content as well. Good thing it is just one phone right now but just wait...

posted on 12 Sep 2008, 13:09

58. vzw fanboy (unregistered)

its all about the coverage, thats the only thing that matters to me. i agree with one of the other posts though, i want sprint to stay alive and not be takin over by a bigger company (verizon) bc that would be a monopolly, very bad.

posted on 12 Sep 2008, 13:54

Very good point. Competition is a must. I really doubt the FCC would allow that to happen non do I think VZW wants anything to do with Sprint. DT maybe but not VZW.

posted on 12 Sep 2008, 14:42

Best everywere but the South! Southwest Region: Sprint Nextel and Verizon Wireless tie to rank highest in the region. Sprint Nextel customers report fewer problems regarding initial connections. Verizon Wireless customers experience fewer problems with dropped calls, static/interference, voice distortion and failed voice message notifications compared with the regional average. Southeast Region: Alltel ranks highest in the region, with customers reporting fewer problems than the regional average in dropped calls and voice distortion.

posted on 12 Sep 2008, 15:22

Yo...get your facts right yo...4000 (not 3000) 3rd party dealers were closed/terminated by Sprint yo...poor performance and shady biz yo...125 Sprint owned were closed yo...of 1,400 yo. VZW lost 4400 3rd party location when Radio Shack gave them the boot yo...and they are still doing just fine yo! http://www.geek.com/radioshack-to-dump-verizon-wireless/ Starbucks closed 600 stores yo....I guess they are a great company too yo! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25482250/ -- Of its 1,400 Sprint-owned retail outlets, about 125 will be closed. More than 4,000 third-party distribution points will be eliminated. The company has roughly 20,000 total distribution points, including nearly 1,400 retail locations. http://www.moconews.net/entry/419-sprint-to-cut-4000-jobs-125-retail-outlets-being-closed/ Thank you come again!....YO!

posted on 12 Sep 2008, 19:51

OIC, this has been another illiterate pimple faced little kid using his mommy's 'puter. I figured. Why is it that most of the Sprint flamers turn out to be little kids using mommies net? Don't they have parental controls for weenies like this?

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 09:21

Wow. I think I want a Pro.

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 09:59

is it me, or did they have a typo in stating that both phones will have micro sd storage capability? because last time i checked, only the pro had the micro sd, whereas the diamond had 4gb built in with no expandibility... any further info?

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 10:05

The Sprint press release provides release dates and prices: "HTC Touch Diamond will be available beginning in September. It will cost $249.99 with a two-year contract and after a $100 mail-in rebate." "HTC Touch Pro will be available Oct. 19 for $299.99 with a two-year contract and after a $100 mail-in rebate."

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 10:47

Anyone want to buy an Instinct?

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 10:47

10. MC (unregistered)

I believe that the Touch Diamond Pro will have a Micro sd slot when it comes to VZW to expand to at least 8gig so Sprint's Touch Diamond should have the same spec.

posted on 12 Sep 2008, 02:16

yea the touch pro will but so will sprints... but the diamond will only have the internal hard drive

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 11:29

it is a mistake on this post that both phone has the microSd. Reading the release note, only the touch pro has it. and if it only supports 8GB expansion on the pro, that will not be enuf if you want download movie to watch on it or podcast. The only sweet thing on pro is the keyboard and biz card scanner..

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 12:17

8 Gigs should be plenty to watch a movie or three. Also, I would imagine that with firmware updates, you would be able to use the 16 and 32 GB cards as they become available.

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 12:00

so, which one is which? cause I like the slider one

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 12:15

That's the Pro.

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 12:58

Sprint runs on Rev. A also and they had it out way before Verizon. Bothe companies are good in there own way. I have both networks and sometimes I have service with one and not the other. This HTC Pro is HOT!!!. On;y draw back with the Verizon model it's not gonna have that much memory and they always block applications on there phones. Sprint they let you run wild on the phones that's why I like Sprint

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 13:35

It's ovbvious HTC is becoming a major playing in the Cell phone world, espically when it comes to smart phones, but why doesn't HTC drop the windows mobile operating system, and create their own, while letting windows mobile apps still operate on the device.

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 13:48

The HTC Dream for T-Mobile will have Android as the OS will future HTC phones. The thing is that they are a manufacture so they do very little when it comes to software and OS. With Android being open scource it really does not get any better than that.

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 14:32

any idea when this is gonna come to at&t?

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 14:38

28. RemmyZero (unregistered)

i don't know when AT&T will get it but i believe you can already buy a US ready GSM diamond at various places.

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 14:41

Best Buy will be selling unlocked GMS version and the AT&T one should not be long. There is an artical on the main page about their version being cleared the the FCC.

posted on 10 Sep 2008, 20:14

I just called my local Sprint Store thinking that it was actually released today, she said they will have the Touch Pro in store on the 14th. Woohoo!

posted on 11 Sep 2008, 00:45

wahh u hay? dey coming ouh da 14th, eSmoke ith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on 11 Sep 2008, 11:48

The HTC Touch Diamond has an integrated antenna, Windows Mobile 6.1, Quick Global Positioning System, RSS Hub, Sprint Navigation, Sprint PCS Picture Mail, and 4 GB of internal memory. Launch: 9/14/08 Pricing: The price is $249.99 with a 2-year contract and rebates. $399.99 with 2-year contract $100.00 Mail-In Rebate $50.00 Instant Rebate Suggested retail price without contract is $549.99

posted on 11 Sep 2008, 19:25

hey does anyone know when these will be available also if a plan change will be required. I know some new phones for sprint require the everything plan.

posted on 12 Sep 2008, 09:22

Only the Instinct requires one of the Everything Plans right now. You will not be required to change plans on these.