Sprint also announces lay offs
1. t-won50 (Posts: 25; Member since: 18 Jan 2009)
anyone hiring looks like im going to need to find a new job?
4. VDubb (Posts: 49; Member since: 04 Dec 2008)
Doubt sales reps need to worry about lay-offs.
10. Legion (Posts: 397; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
The closer you are to the register the safer you are.
3. tmofanboy432 (Posts: 139; Member since: 12 Jan 2009)
im not surprised sprint is doing really bad rite now
5. bigfanboyred (Posts: 141; Member since: 17 Jan 2009)
everyone is hurting... you'll see, everyone is gonna be cutting jobs if theyre not doing it already. 10% everywhere... due to the "crisis"...its gonna get worse before it gets better. hopefully this means that the major providers will slash the prices to compete against each other... we'll see?
6. stuntz (Posts: 177; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
hopefully they lay off the customer service reps.
7. insider80 (Posts: 93; Member since: 26 Jan 2009)
the layoffs will not be affecting customer facing employees its mostly sales support and other divisions
8. VGirl (Posts: 27; Member since: 14 Jan 2009)
i havent herd anything from Verizon yet, about lay offs.
11. VZWEMP (Posts: 142; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
i dont think any verizon employees have anything to worry about. seeing as we are the only major carrier thats currently hiring in ALL channels. Verizon Communications is hiring as well. Im sorry to hear about the lay offs. People losing their jobs nowadays is no laughing matter.and "VZW FANMAN" you seem a bit immature and insensitive.
12. tmofanboy432 (Posts: 139; Member since: 12 Jan 2009)
well tmobile was the first phone company to voted in the top 100 places 2 work they wuz number #96 so they also hav nothing 2 worry about
13. VZWEMP (Posts: 142; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
yea...having the second highest churn rate in the industry is nothing to worry about...