Sprint advises those interested in the Kyocera Echo to pre-order early
0. phoneArena 26 Mar 2011, 22:27 posted on
Sprint has put up a web site to allow those interested in the dual-screen Kyocera Echo to pre-order the phone; reserve a copy now and you'll be guaranteed the handset on its April 17th launch date...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tlang1064 (Posts: 47; Member since: 21 Feb 2010)
I know some people are gonna be all negative toward this phone, but I still think it's a cool phone. Can't wait till it comes out.
13. AndroidTroll (Posts: 359; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
hmmmmm... get this POS soon or wait a couple months for Godly EVO 3D...tough decision lolololol!!!!!
15. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Yes, real tough - yesterday's yawn or tomorrow's WOW! But yesterday's yawn has two screens....
2. ajac09 (Posts: 1452; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
not gonna sell out no worries about reserving one LOL
3. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
I think this phone will sell, but won't have much of an impact on the tech communities.
Judging by all the responses from tech blogs/sites, it can only be a hit with the mass, like the iPhone.
4. Rawrzellers (Posts: 224; Member since: 22 Aug 2010)
Oh lordy. If this isn't over hyping a product I don't know what is.
5. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
no dual core, no 4g wimax, no strong battery, weighing almost* 7 ounces, on android 2.2 (2.4 is coming this summer btw), Made by kyocera!!!! i shall pass.
6. BaiGanyo (Posts: 308; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)
I don't think it' really Sprint hyping the phone, because for sure, it's not that important to them. But regardless of what any of us thinks of the phone, this IS an important product for Kyocera so of course they are going to do what they feel they need to do to sell as many as they can. No shame in that. Whether it's the latest or greatest or not, they're out there trying. Sprint has always been the most important carrier to Kyocera, so they've just giving it their all. Gotta respect that.
7. djm22 (Posts: 27; Member since: 09 Feb 2011)
I wonder how quick the battery will die on this phone 2 hours ?
8. BaiGanyo (Posts: 308; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)
Here is something from Boygeniusreport about the phone hands on. I knew a lot of this from when the phone was announced. Towards the end they show some photo editing stuff I hadn't seen before and thought was pretty cool. They showed the 2 batteries and how you can charge one while the other is in use, or even power the phone while charging the other. Pretty cool. Here's the video.
10. snowgator (Posts: 3419; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Seeing how I read most every post about this phone, I guess that it's launch and hype since has done it's job- it has gotten the Echo noticed. I am in the corner of any original idea- I hope it is a success. While it is obviously not a premium handset for all the reasons luis_lopez states in his post above , I hope it is good at what it does. It certainly doesn't fit what I am looking for in my next gadget, but I have to admit I am looking foreword to toying around with it just to see how it performs.
16. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Yeah but since a new android style Device they should have made it up to date. You don't make the first new revolutionary Device with old hardware and expect it to be great, you just can't.
11. skymitch89 (Posts: 1214; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Only way that I would want this phone is if it were to come out within the next couple weeks so that I could check it out. I'm not going to buy something that I wont like or wont be able to use.
14. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
get em Kyocera! this phone will sell about as much as the KIN but hey nice try. nice jump on the competition Sprint with this pathetic phone. this reminds me of when the first double-sided phone the Samsung Upstage launched. what a joke...and then you have Kyocera as a brand. good luck.
17. Srycantthnkof1 (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Mar 2011)
Uhhhh might be a dumb question... What side do you talk on? LOL
20. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
that's the beauty of the whole thing. this is the first phone where the user has the choice of which side to talk on. it's completely up to the user! seriously tho....who knows...the design on this monstrocity is terrible.
18. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 569; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
The Kyocera Echo styling reminds me of the Pontiac Aztek....only less attractive...
It actually could have been a fairly stylish phone if they smoothed it out a bit and removed the goofy chrome belt buckles on the top and bottom.
19. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
lol Pontiac Aztek? i don't get the connection...can't say i seen that at all when looking at this phone.
22. downphoenix (Posts: 2819; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
NOTHING is less attractive than the Pontiac Aztek. God made that car so that everyone would be able to unanimously agree on what is the ugliest thing of all time.
21. fairly_mismatched (unregistered)
Interesting concept but poor execution.