Sprint adds remote wipe and more for BlackBerry and Android devices
0. phoneArena 28 Feb 2011, 20:04 posted on
Sprint has extended the features of their Total Equipment Protection plan with the TEP app, adding remote wipe, audio alarms, contact management, and GPS tracking, for their BlackBerry and Android devices...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. curiousgeorge (Posts: 25; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
sprint at it again with setting the new standards for other companies to compete against
2. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
Verizon has had this feature since atleast Dec. 2010 except its offered as an Asurion product but same rules apply just have to have TEC.
3. curiousgeorge (Posts: 25; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
and how much is that TEP at Verizon? and does it cover water damage? because sprints does
5. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
yes...it does cover liquid damage & it has for years. why wouldn't it? thought that was the point of "total equipment protection"? its $6.99/mo...so again Sprint is a little late for their "setting the new standards".
7. snowgator (Posts: 3554; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Sprint is a leader because they find a way to get these options done and do it at or below cost of any other company. This option may have been at Verizon already, will take your word on that, and Sprint doesn't have this service cheaper. But since the basic plans at Sprint are cheaper, you can afford this extra even on a budget.
8. SprintGuy26 (Posts: 190; Member since: 21 Mar 2011)
Awesome...i used to have the family locator because i used to always lose my phone at a friends house and one time it even got stolen and i use the GPS to find my phone with the guy who took it....i will be getting TEP with my new phone come X-Mas!!!