Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II arriving October 25 for $299.99
0. phoneArena posted on 16 Oct 2012, 08:47
The colors are marble white and titanium gray, and the gigantic handset comes at this price not only because it offers the largest screen ever put in a phone, but also combines it with an excellent stylus and an array of productivity apps to take good advantage of it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sckisor posted on 16 Oct 2012, 08:53 6 0
C'mon Verizon, get with the program! How many customers have you already lost to Sprint and US Cellular for not even making an announcement, let alone release date and pricing.
I know, the last thing someone at Verizon is going to do, is read these comments, but its so frustrating!
11. THETECHTEAM posted on 16 Oct 2012, 09:58 4 0
Um I work for Big Red and we are Getting the Note 2, im waiting on that same phone!!
16. PAPINYC posted on 16 Oct 2012, 10:24 2 0
You needn't worry, Verizon will have the Galaxy Note 2 very soon. Remember, Verizon (98% of the time) usually releases a new handset on Thursday so, as to build momentum for the weekend shopping blitz. Therefore, mark at least October 25th and November 1st★ (can't stress enough the latter) on your Google Calendar. As long as nothing goes wrong with the launch (on Sammy's side); if so, no later than November 15th.
Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah!!
31. MarqBland posted on 16 Oct 2012, 14:23 1 0
In ADDITION to the memory card. They are coming out with 3 versions of the phone but Sprint only announced pricing for one...hence the reason for this post.
22. mahony posted on 16 Oct 2012, 12:08 3 0
Based on Sammy's pricing structure in the past, I see this happening.
On contract of course.
39. speckledapple posted on 16 Oct 2012, 18:29 1 0
Sounds like a reasonable price to me. I would not mind paying that much but I will be getting that 64GB version. On contract of course.
26. dok2005 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 12:29 0 0
i keep looking and looking i dont see where it say 16gb
3. Jeradiah3 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 09:22 3 0
I hope that the AT&T variant would be $250!! That would be not only ideal ,but a way for AT&T to lure customers to get their version of one of the best phones of the year!!
24. mahony posted on 16 Oct 2012, 12:10 1 0
Sprint generally has cheaper phone prices then any US carrier. I would not doubt it if it was $349 on ATT. I am getting use to paying more for a phone on ATT.
30. Jeradiah3 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 13:35 2 2
I hope not because that would be a damper on having a great phone. Im a big guy (6'7" 240lbs) and i need a big phone
32. EclipseGSX posted on 16 Oct 2012, 14:42 1 2
Need to compensate much?
36. Jyakotu posted on 16 Oct 2012, 16:45 2 2
Jeradiah, how come anytime there's a story about the GALAXY Note phones or phones with huge screens, you always have to remind Phone Arena that you're such a BIG GUY (6'7" 240lbs) and that you need a BIG phone. Seriously, the shtick is getting old. We get it. You're tall and weight a lot. You need a big phone. Get over yourself. -_-
38. QWIKSTRIKE posted on 16 Oct 2012, 17:25 0 0
Agreed like I am 6' tall and weigh 240lbs with a size 48-50 jacket 36" waist myself with a size 12 ring finger. and has a hard time finding gloves, but I don't need a phone that big. However the Note II does appeal to me and if it had SVDO on Sprint I'd get one in a heart beat....rofl
42. Jeradiah3 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 21:43 1 0
This goes to Jyakotu...........shut the hell up!! if thats what i want to do ,then thats what I can do. Obviously you're a little stalker-ish for looking me up whenever I say something. You must be a small guy you can barely reach the cabinet without a ladder
but Im not here to bash someone who doesnt know me. I like the phone, cant wait to see the phone and if the price point is good, I'll upgrade to the phone
43. AppleRules posted on 17 Oct 2012, 04:22 0 1
damn u mad bro?
44. Jeradiah3 posted on 17 Oct 2012, 10:23 0 0
Not really, but I wanted to shut that person up lol
40. speckledapple posted on 16 Oct 2012, 18:31 2 0
I think the appeal should not be geared towards a need because a person is large themselves. Just more along the lines of productivity; at least in my case.
4. toiletcleaner posted on 16 Oct 2012, 09:31 4 1
T-Mobile. hurry up and take my money. I cant hold it for to long. $250 and I will sign for a 16GB. give me a 32Gb for $275 and 64BG for $300. all my fam will be all over Note2
18. g2a5b0e posted on 16 Oct 2012, 10:27 3 0
You can't be serious. The T-Mobile version will probably be the same price or $80 more expensive like it was for the GS3. Also, since the 64GB GS3 never came out, I highly doubt we'll see it for the Note 2.
19. archangel9 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 11:16 3 0
Just get the 16GB and get a 64gb micro SD card=80gb
25. dok2005 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 12:28 0 0
lol if tmobile gs3 cost more than everybody elses than why would u think the note would be any cheaper
7. infinitemethod posted on 16 Oct 2012, 09:42 0 0
This phone can't possibly come with only 16GB out of the box. Where did you read that?
12. THETECHTEAM posted on 16 Oct 2012, 10:01 1 0
It's everywhere this phone comes in 16GB and 32GB just like the S3 Duh!
8. KickRocks posted on 16 Oct 2012, 09:43 2 0
I am really on the fence about staying a sprint customer. Crappy 3g speeds, no lte til probably summer of next year, I just don't know if its worth renewing. Contract is up on 10/21 so I gotta think it thru. At&t is tempting me
10. infinitemethod posted on 16 Oct 2012, 09:56 4 1
I jumped ship to Verizon and couldn't be happier early in this year. They kept telling me that LTE would be there this summer. Ha! Switch now!
34. boss_king posted on 16 Oct 2012, 16:09 0 0
thats to you verizon is not where its @ for everyone.
27. dok2005 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 12:38 0 0
sprint has been doing upgrades my 3g way faster than what it use to be but then agaian it depends on where you at heres more info https://network.sprint.com/
35. ZayZay posted on 16 Oct 2012, 16:19 0 0
Yeah I know what you mean. My friend came over and a few months ago when I had Sprint I was running .20 mbps on Sprint and when he came over he was getting .50 mbps on Sprint. So much faster, that's over twice the speed!!!!!! It sucks that I am stuck on my LTE phone that is running consitantly 30 mbps....
37. Jyakotu posted on 16 Oct 2012, 16:50 1 0
I'm only on Sprint by force, as I previously had AT&T and miss them and GSM phones dearly. Sprint may have unlimited data, but I honestly checked how much data I used recently and I have yet to reach 1GB of data, since I'm always using Wi-Fi due to Sprint's horrible 3G speeds and nonexistent 4G LTE in Charlotte, NC. Hopefully, Softbank can really speed up Sprint's Network Vision process because Sprint needs all the help it can get.
9. dicemoney posted on 16 Oct 2012, 09:45 2 1
If it starts at $300 for sprint then Verizon and T-Mobile might start at $350
14. THETECHTEAM posted on 16 Oct 2012, 10:18 0 0
Not Likely it will be 299.99. Most of our high end phones start at 299.99
17. unknowntruthz posted on 16 Oct 2012, 10:25 1 0
If it was to start at $350 before tax then it would maybe be near $400 after tax and fees. At that rate you'd do better just paying a couple hundred more and getting it of contract. In the long run pricing it over $299 would be a bad business move IMHO. Then again T-Mobile did pricing the S3 at $279 when everyone else had it for $199 so...
13. CDGMobile posted on 16 Oct 2012, 10:11 0 0
does anyone know which variants will be available for sprint upon release?
29. robcorn posted on 16 Oct 2012, 13:29 0 3
Samsung does not allow you to store and run apps from the sd card like HTC does therefor like the GsIII it makes sence to buy th 32 gb the sd card is only good for photos and videos not apps