Sprint Announces Sprint Guardian – An Industry First Bringing Together Mobile Security and Safety Applications
NEW ORLEANS (BUSINESS WIRE), May 08, 2012 - In a poll of wireless customers, 82 percent of users do not have safety or security applications installed on their device, and most are unaware of solutions that can better protect them and their family.1 Sprint (NYSE) announced today the upcoming release of Sprint Guardian, a collection of mobile family safety and device security bundles that provide families relevant tools to help stay safe and secure.
Sprint Guardian features leading mobile applications from Safely and Lookout. The family safety bundle from Safely enables families to protect their phone-carrying children through location checks and limits on texting while driving or at school for $9.99 per month, for up to five lines on an account. With the device security bundle from Lookout, customers also can protect their mobile devices from loss and malware for one single charge of $4.99 per month for up to five lines on an account. Sprint customers also have the option to purchase both bundles for a single monthly fee of just $14.98. For a family of five, that offers a 73 percent savings – more than $39 per month - over purchasing each application in the family safety and device security bundles separately. Sprint Guardian will be available this summer on many Sprint Android™-powered devices through Sprint Zone. Customers can find Sprint Zone as an icon on their device.2
“With Sprint Guardian, we’re helping to make it easy for individuals and families to manage how their children are using their mobile phone and giving them the tools they need to protect their wireless devices from theft, loss and malware,” said Fared Adib, vice president-Product Development, Sprint. “Sprint is pleased to be the first in the industry to unify innovative safety and security applications from Safely and Lookout in two simple bundles at a great value for our customers.”
Inside Sprint Guardian: Safely and Lookout
The family safety tools from Safely bring together three applications to help parents keep their kids safe and focused on what matters whether they are at home, at school or on-the-go.
- Sprint Mobile Controls – Clearly understand your child’s talk, text and app use habits. Lock your child’s phone on demand or schedule locks – during dinner, school or late at night. Browse your child’s contacts and apps downloaded to the phone.
- Sprint Drive First – Automatically locks your teenagers’ mobile phones when they’re traveling more than 10 mph and unlocks when they stop driving. Direct incoming calls to voicemail and silence distracting alerts while driving.
- Sprint Family Locator – Quickly and easily locate your family members on an interactive map. Set up automatic location checks to get notified that your kids made it to school safely and on time.
The Family Safety bundle will be available for $9.99 per month for up to five lines on the same account.
“We are excited to be part of the Sprint Guardian service for families,” said Tasso Roumeliotis, CEO of Location Labs, the makers of Safely products. “Parents are concerned about children’s phone use, and Sprint’s solution, using Safely management tools, makes it even easier for families to have peace of mind about their children’s mobile experience.”
Lookout Family, a new product available to Sprint customers, enables people to manage their phone security by protecting against identity theft and fraud, to find a family member’s missing device when it is lost or stolen, and to back up their precious data. Lookout Family includes:
- Security – Protect your family’s smartphones from evolving mobile threats including malware, spyware, phishing and malicious websites.
- Missing Device – Find a family member’s lost phone on a map, sound an alarm, and lock or wipe your device to protect personal information.
- Management – Easily protect and manage your family’s mobile devices at mylookout.com, including backing up photos, contacts and call history.
Lookout Family will be available for $4.99 per month, or up to $49.99 per year, for up to five lines on the same account.
“Sprint is a leader in wireless communications, and we are excited to work together to bring mobile security to families through Sprint Guardian,” said John Hering, CEO of Lookout. “Families want mobile security to be easy, and Sprint Guardian leverages Lookout to deliver a simple solution to safeguarding smartphones.”