Sprint CEO Dan Hesse lets the Motorola PHOTON Q slip from his lips during earnings call
0. phoneArena 26 Jul 2012, 09:18 posted on
On Thursday morning after Sprint reported its latest quarterly earnings, Sprint CEO Dan Hesse said that the Motorola PHOTON Q is coming "very soon" to the nation's third largest carrier and will offer 4G LTE connectivity, a 5 row side-sliding QWERTY keyboard and it will be a World Phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. phnrpt (Posts: 14; Member since: 28 May 2012)
The sexiest girl in town is galaxy note 1 or 2 (the upcoming one).
galaxy note's worldwide sale number proved already it's a iphone killer. what's the number from photon's sale so far?
GNote's screen size shows it's a iphone kicker.
3. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3699; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Why are you talking about the Note & the iPhone in this thread? I must have missed the paragraph where they were mentioned.
5. Commentator (Posts: 3651; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
And what don't they have? A physical keyboard. What does the Photon Q have? A physical keyboard. QED the Photon Q will appeal to (and was designed to appeal to) people looking for a physical keyboard. It's a niche device, so bringing up sales totals as they relate to unrelated phones (i.e. the Galaxy Note) is moot. Idiot.
6. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Even though I love Android and hate everything Apple and what it represents, I had to thumb him down for the sheer stupidity of the comment haha
29. phnrpt (Posts: 14; Member since: 28 May 2012)
When Samsung makes bigger screen, all others including apple follows samsung's butt. when Samsung talks, all others listen.
Where is moto. Idiot.
2. phnrpt (Posts: 14; Member since: 28 May 2012)
Sprint's lost is due to not having galaxy note from the beginning of 2012.
iphone is history.
Galaxy note rules for at least next one year due to it's a totally different league phone (a industrial leading phone)
14. snowgator (Posts: 3554; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Note is a niche device as well. Wait until every manufacturer has a Phablet out, and the sales for them will be about equal to what keyboard devices are. This is a great Moto device. Note doesn't need this much of a cheerleader.
28. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Are you the next taco50 for the galaxy note?
4. Jyakotu (Posts: 844; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
If this comes at least by September, I'll definitely buy this.! I get can Android 4.0 (4.0/4.1, IDC, both are better than me running Froyo), excellent Motorola build quality, and my physical QWERTY keyboard all with 4G LTE (future proof) data.! Hopefully it takes design cues from the Droid 4, because I find that phone to be incredibly sexy. ;)
8. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Don't forget Motorola's Epic antennas, also it would be nice to have a battery like the one in the RAZR Maxx...oh what I wouldn't give for a Motorola made Nexus
7. Commentator (Posts: 3651; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Specs include: 4.3 qHD ColorBoost display, 1.5 gHz S4,
23. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 311; Member since: 03 May 2012)
O wow! how did I miss your comment commentator?? thank you very much for this info.... :)
10. Asasindude26 (Posts: 33; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
This looks like a pretty good device...... I hope the touch-buttons at the bottom are on the screen (like on the Gnex) and they look to be tinted into a sort off light neon blue which looks great as well. Now I'm just hoping for a big battery like on the Droid RAZR MAXX and thats's a perfect gift for christmas :D
11. downphoenix (Posts: 3149; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Looks like the perfect phone for my wife. Come on sprint, get the word out on this fast. Otherwise she will feel like there's no choice but to go to the Transform Ultra, and I know she will regret it in a while.
12. Jyakotu (Posts: 844; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Just saw the official press release and this is my next phone.! The Photon Q is an excellent replacement for the EOL Epic 4G. The sooner it releases, the better.! Come on Sprint, release this bad boy pronto.! I don't want to give up my physical QWERTY keyboard.!
15. downphoenix (Posts: 3149; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Yea. I may even consider for myself it if it does in fact have a 720P display, at 4.3 in, the DPI wuold be awesome. Also interested to see the benchmarks on it.
16. snowgator (Posts: 3554; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Man, this is the perfect "next device" for Epic 4G owners!! That was a huge seller for Sprint, and all those Epic 4G fans who were waiting may jump all over this!! Great point I didn't even think of. Bodes well for Mr. Photon Q.....
18. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, it's good to know i have a solid option on another carrier.
13. snowgator (Posts: 3554; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Man, that is another great Moto keyboard on a carrier I almost went to. Love the look of this bad boy. Great addition for Sprint....
19. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
full spec sheet here!
24. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 311; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Two things.....1. will the battery be removable?...2. Does it seriously have a front facing HD cam? lol that would be pretty cool
27. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
eh, maybe, maybe not.
yeah, the Razr and the SIII has HD FF Cams, it's not a big deal now.
20. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
looking at the PR images for this it looks like it has more of the Droid 3 build quality than the Droid 4 which is VERY good. the Droid 3 is one of the best built phones i've ever felt it's definitely top 5.
21. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
AND THANK GOD THEY CHANGED THE CAMERA ICON! that was one of the only ones i disliked in recent Motorola Android builds.
22. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 311; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I would definitely get it if the specs come out right, a keyboard could be quite useful as well if made right....
25. 19and6 (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Only a qHD resolution, and the battery and SIM are not removable.
Looks like a deal breaker for me. Ill stick with my original photon (which I love) until the screen is at least 720p.
26. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 311; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I can deal with the qHD screen on a 4.3 inch phone, and the battery at 1785 is not a bad thing for once again, a 4.3 inch phone. But the sim being non removable is an iffy one for me, so i dont know completely about this phone yet but it is definitely one im interested in so far and I'll be watchin out for it...