Spotted at MWC: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
0. phoneArena 23 Feb 2013, 11:49 posted on
Aimed right for the heart of the Apple iPad mini is the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet with its 8 inch screen, S Pen and its many features like Air View which lets the user hover over the screen with the S Pen to open up email in a separate pop-up box, and Smart Stay, which keeps the screen on as long as you are awake and looking at it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Bernoulli (Posts: 1335; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Lol just saw this article at gsmarena.com half an hour ago, besides that, think they will have an hspa+ and LTE version?
7. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
engadget released before that n its the source for this article...
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5155; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
2 more days to go.... Oh, the excitement! What else will Sammy tease us with? And then there is Nokia. Tick-tock, tick-tock.
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
Nope it's galaxy note VIII who came from future :)
5. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
So it has note 2 specs with bigger screen and battery?
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5155; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
No cellular phone (for voice calls). Maybe a cellular data modem option?
25. DetroitTech (Posts: 55; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
I'm thinking it does have voice. Look at the top there looks to be an earpiece grill.
24. vincelongman (Posts: 476; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
look more like the S III, because the top and bottom is slightly rounded
6. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 925; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
The Note 8.0 needs to be less than $350 or I'm going to get the Nexus 7 and call it a day!!
10. threeline (Posts: 236; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
I'm hoping for 299, if not I will get the Nexus 10 for 399.
18. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 925; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I agree. The Note 2 was too expensive and ended up getting the S3 (AT&T). I hope history doesnt repeat itself
14. rihel_95 (Posts: 156; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
I will wait untill it releases a Full HD version of it coz its meant for digital art!
12. tusshharish (Posts: 324; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
sgn2's resized version..............lol
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 8912; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This beauty will appeal to android nation, and the gorgeous iPad mini will continue to do well with iOS users, and the general consumer. It's a stalemate as far who'll switch over, cause most people are vested in the Eco systems of the chosen platform.
19. jroc74 (Posts: 3628; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
This is true. I didnt understand about eco systems....until I invested heavy in Android. I came from Win Mo...but didnt get alot of apps. I didnt stick with Win Mo long enough to be invested heavy.
I can do it for game consoles. Not that big a deal. Tablets? Hard to say. PC's? I can do that too.
16. Taters (Posts: 2104; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
So the battle of the low res tablets that will unfortunately sell pretty decent? Ipad mini vs Note 8.
Only tablets I am interested in are the high resolution ones. So Galaxy Tab 3 plus or bust Samsung.
21. nikenturd (unregistered)
1024 x 768 is low res......1280 x 800 is not....
17. Taters (Posts: 2104; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
A high res Nexus 7 reboot would be awesome as well.
20. nikenturd (unregistered)
SAMSUNG has a knack of overpricing their tablets...I do hope this one (albeit slim chance) will be priced reasonably well....Anything more than $320-$340 is a no go since the Exynos 4412 is about to get replaced soon....but a lot better than that crap called Tegra 3 though
23. protozeloz (Posts: 5284; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
looking forward to the review, Wish my N7 had a Sylus like the Spen and been asking for this for a while... also why saying Samsung is planing this because of the iPad mini?