Spotify updates its Android app, adds new time-saving features
Today's update, only available for the Android version of the app, allows you to filter and sort your playlists and tracks. After the update, when you return to your playlist view, it will always be to the same position. And Spotify's Android users will be happy to see that the app no longer crashes when the $ is used in a username. When you log out and then log back into Spotify, the app will now start up from where you left off.
It sounds like Spotify users are gaining a few time saving features with this update, which is available now from the Google Play Store.
source: Spotify via AndroidCentral
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5647; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's an okay update but i want the JB treatment with a lockscreen widget and an adjustable notification widget thing and i want to be able to move songs around in my playlists not just sort them alphabetically.
2. cmikeh2 (Posts: 25; Member since: 09 May 2012)
The one feature I'm still missing personally is notification shade music controls. I really dislike having to pop back into the app to skip a song or pause the music.
3. kozza3 (Posts: 575; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
love this service. i think i might try another one next though, check out the compitition
4. deacz (Posts: 157; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
how about a freaking andriod tablet version? EH EH
5. boosook (Posts: 1091; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
The main problem with the app is IMHO that it doesn't rotate! It doesn't work in landscape mode. That's pretty lame.
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5647; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah but that's really only a bother for me when i want to use the phone's car dock in landscape.
8. lsutigers (Posts: 772; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Get the Ultimate Screen Rotation app from the Play store. It works great and allows Spotify to work in landscape.
6. JEverettnow (Posts: 210; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
If poweramp teamed up with Spotify they would be unstopable. I actually pay for the $10/mo and love spotify, but hate the player.