Spotify seeks cut in royalty fees to allow for free mobile service
0. phoneArena 20 Feb 2013, 08:08 posted on
Streaming music app Spotify might soon offer a free tier for mobile devices according to those in the know who say that the company is looking to renew its contracts with the major recording labels at a substantially lower royalty rate and in addition, get the rights to offer its free music tier to mobile devices like smartphones...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. boosook (Posts: 1236; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I'm a paid subscriber... the service is so damn good... the phone app is very good, the client is well made and available even on linux... I hope they will succeed.
2. Synack (Posts: 670; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
If it were free on Mobile I would use it, otherwise I'll continue to not use it.
3. johnfranckiv (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Spotify is the only subscription I pay for on my phone... and it is worth every penny to me!
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, Spotify is definitely worth the subscription fee. everyone should have this if it should ever become free.
5. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 410; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
I really really love Spotify! Completley worth $10. I'm really suprised how little they make.