Spotify offers free music streaming on mobile devices
0. phoneArena 12 Dec 2013, 00:47 posted on
Spotify will be making mobile access to its service free of charge. Like many free streaming services, this...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. zachattack (Posts: 318; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Yeah... idk i will stick with Tune in radio or Sound cloud. 10$ was a bit high although it did allow you to listen to any song you wanted.
6. jroc74 (Posts: 3625; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Tune In is amazing for local radio and just over the air radio period. I dont think you can really compare Tune In to Spotify. Sound Cloud....maybe. You can get full albums by the artists on Spotify
2. improv (Posts: 91; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
This is an amazing update. I've been using it today and it works very well. As long as your playlist on Spotify is over 20 songs then it'll shuffle the playlist (although it will add in a random song every once in a while). If there's only one song then it'll throw in random but relevant songs. It works just like the desktop version on my iPad.
3. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 753; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I rather pay the 10 and get full access but to each their own. Spotify is a great service and hope it brings them more cash flow.
4. Deaconclgi (Posts: 118; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Which of these services offers the ability to listen to music offline for free?
7. jroc74 (Posts: 3625; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I know Spotify does with a catch. You have to take offline off every so often. I think its a 30 day max, then you have to stream and start the 30 day limit again. Not really sure.
Tune In...you can record songs playing over the air. I never tried it..I would record the morning and evening talk shows mostly.
8. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 753; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Deacon - You can with Google Play music as long as you upload from your own collection. To listen to something you haven't loaded yourself offline or online you have to pay for the subscription.