Spigen iPhone 5 Slim Armor Cases hands-on
0. phoneArena posted on 30 Dec 2012, 12:31
Before getting down and dirty with the details, we have to say right off the bat that we’re digging the $17.99 cost of them, which is aggressively priced compared to their other offerings. Comprised out of two components, a rubbery-like thermoplastic polyurethane case with a tougher polycarbonate...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. billybuttpounder (banned) posted on 30 Dec 2012, 12:33 8 7
But but but it covers the APPLE on the back! How will people know that I have an iphone?! What is the point in even owning one if I cannot display it in the hopes of impressing complete strangers?!?!?!?!!?
4. Jonathan41 posted on 30 Dec 2012, 12:51 13 4
It's funny to think that some people still believe that having an iPhone is thought of as impressive.
12. darkkjedii posted on 30 Dec 2012, 13:29 10 8
It's funny to think that some apple haters think so highly of apple, that they have to click the article, read it, scroll down, press leave comment, then comment about the company they supposedly hate so much... Hmmmmmmmmm?
13. eisenbricher posted on 30 Dec 2012, 13:38 7 0
14. darkkjedii posted on 30 Dec 2012, 14:03 7 3
Thanx... That bashing stuff gets so tired after awhile.
15. eisenbricher posted on 30 Dec 2012, 14:09 4 0
Ahh don't care about silly bashers... we don't wanna live in a fish tank they're living in.
16. darkkjedii posted on 30 Dec 2012, 14:17 2 2
Well said...well said indeed. People get so caught up n their lil world that they forget about choice, and freedom to use what u want, and enjoy it. I love tech period, but iOS is my go to OS. What's wrong with that? If android, wp8, symbian, or BB is yours, what's wrong with that? There's more to tech than the little green robot
40. Jonathan41 posted on 31 Dec 2012, 11:47 0 0
No one said there was anything wrong with people enjoy their choice of OS. I'm just saying thinking that an iPhone will impress your friend is like thinking that they would be amazed when you show them your Xbox 360.
24. Insignificant posted on 30 Dec 2012, 15:30 1 1
We don't do it because we necessarily hate Apple (I do, but others don't). We do it because we don't visit Phonearena for such stupid articles.
25. darkkjedii posted on 30 Dec 2012, 15:40 2 3
U do it cuz u love apple
39. Jonathan41 posted on 31 Dec 2012, 11:41 1 0
I just came to ses the case. Who care if iPhone is in the title. Sometimes (and I emphasise sometime) companies decide to make cases for other devise as well so, it's always worth a look.
27. billybuttpounder (banned) posted on 30 Dec 2012, 16:49 1 1
I know right? I sell phones at Target and I constantly see people walking around with their iphones holding them, not using them just holding them up with the apple logo facing out so everyone can see they can afford a whopping $200 (or as most people call it a day or twos wages) phone. Really quite pathetic.
31. darkkjedii posted on 30 Dec 2012, 18:01 1 2
What's pathetic is that u even notice that.
38. Jonathan41 posted on 31 Dec 2012, 11:36 1 0
I wasn't trying to hate. I was just stating the obvious. Plenty of people have iPhones. Furthermore, I'm just saying that I'm surprised that some people continue to think that having an iPhone is though of as impressive when the last to interactions of the devise have been playing catchup as far as technological inovation is concerned.
41. Jonathan41 posted on 31 Dec 2012, 11:53 1 0
The iPhone is the poster child of commodity fetishism. Some people believe that having an iPhone come with some type of elite status. I've seen people decide against buy a phone they loved just because there was no half eaten apple on the back of it.
17. fanboy1974 posted on 30 Dec 2012, 14:38 1 0
He had it right the first time. It's proven that these iPhone 5's can be bent if left in a back pocket while sitting. I had to warn my wife because I can see her doing it.
18. Ninetysix posted on 30 Dec 2012, 15:09 1 1
Maybe you should tell her to lose some weight?
20. darkkjedii posted on 30 Dec 2012, 15:23 0 2
I knew that was coming. C'mon guys no wife insults.
21. Insignificant posted on 30 Dec 2012, 15:24 1 0
Maybe you should tell Ive to make a even slightly durable phone.
19. Insignificant posted on 30 Dec 2012, 15:22 0 1
No, I had it right the first time, as has been said.
6. Jonathan41 posted on 30 Dec 2012, 12:59 0 0
This case is cool except for some of the aesthetic design chooses that were made that I don't think will be very popular.
7. willywill_evo posted on 30 Dec 2012, 13:08 0 0
Two-piece case fall apart within two months, big waste of money
8. darkkjedii posted on 30 Dec 2012, 13:11 3 2
That is one nice looking case... I will be ordering one tomorrow morning, must protect my beautiful 64 gigs of awesomeness.
9. Insignificant posted on 30 Dec 2012, 13:15 2 4
Tomorrow??? You have to order it today, you know, in case 32gb of the 64 (which cost 100$, because that's how much 32gb costs), is uglified thanks to a bent and scratched chassis...!
10. darkkjedii posted on 30 Dec 2012, 13:26 4 2
Nope tomorrow, and your apple jab sucked. Come again please.
22. Insignificant posted on 30 Dec 2012, 15:26 1 0
Still was better than the new iPhone.
26. darkkjedii posted on 30 Dec 2012, 15:42 0 2
I'm done with u, you've become a bothersome little troll. Have a nice day
29. billybuttpounder (banned) posted on 30 Dec 2012, 17:09 1 0
LOL, says the guy that lied about having a Note 2 just to sh*t all over it with an "honest" review. You're pathetic.
32. darkkjedii posted on 30 Dec 2012, 18:04 0 2
Had a note 2 is rite, and will buy another off Craigslist very soon. Now please prove I lied about owning one, or STFU... Please, and thank u sir.
36. billybuttpounder (banned) posted on 31 Dec 2012, 10:05 1 0
Sooooo then are you stupid? Legit question, if you had a Note 2 (you didn't), and then you sold it (you didn't) because you hated it, why on earth would you buy another one (you won't) and used off of Craigslist to boot?
33. darkkjedii posted on 30 Dec 2012, 18:07 0 2
And I didn't s**t all over anything, the note is top notch but the camera isn't. I simply pointed out why it's not ideal as my go to device, while the iPhone is. That's what a review should b...honest. Now go do your screen name...Billy's waiting.
37. billybuttpounder (banned) posted on 31 Dec 2012, 10:07 1 0
Again, why would you buy it again if you got rid of the first one you had? If you're gioing to lie at least put some effort into it.
30. billybuttpounder (banned) posted on 30 Dec 2012, 17:13 1 0
Good idea getting a case, considering the i5 scratches easily, the anodized finish rubs off, the screen cracks from small drops, and now we fi d it can even bend! Good call getting a case, bad call getting the phone. It's hilarious to me how iFans preach the beauty (I'll give it that, it's a nice design) and "premium" build quality of the phone, yet the first thing they do is put it in a case. LOL.
34. darkkjedii posted on 30 Dec 2012, 18:09 0 2
Any one that cases their phone is smart to do so... Accidents happen. Now run along and b a good boy for billy
42. billybuttpounder (banned) posted on 31 Dec 2012, 14:34 1 1
Or you could just not buy the flimsiest, most poorly constructed overpriced phone on the market.
23. Insignificant posted on 30 Dec 2012, 15:29 2 0
Just noticed I commented on the screen protector article asking how to apply 'armor' to stop the phone bending, and voila, here it is. LOL.
28. amiaq posted on 30 Dec 2012, 17:08 0 1
It's a Justin Bieber of smartphone, it still looks pretty frail and precious regardless of what it's wearing.
35. CRICKETownz posted on 30 Dec 2012, 23:28 0 0
*eyes my i5...eyes my newly acquired MacBook Pro* yep...we're good over here. Hov!