Spigen iPhone 5 Genuine Leather Grip Case hands-on
0. phoneArena 31 Dec 2012, 14:09 posted on
Compared to the Slim Armor Series Cases, Spigen’s Genuine Leather Grip Case doesn’t have the same profound and eye-catching design, but then again, if you’re looking for something that’s donning a classic look, this is surely it. Hugging the handset very tightly from all sides, we like that both the top and...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. billybuttpounder (banned) (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Another day, another iphone case. Yawn.
27. PotDragon (banned) (Posts: 214; Member since: 22 Jul 2011)
Everyday, another iPhone case; either crap to wrap around it or crap in court.
Today we get both! Happy New Year.
2. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Why do I have this feeling that this site is doing its hardest to keep the iphone in the spot light. How about a HTC DNA case or the Samsung media dock. Or what about a Nokia 920 case. Maybe more BB10 news even if it's doa.
Iphone sales are going nowhere but down till Apple releases a iphone 5s. It's going to be a slow first half of the year for Apple iphone fans especially once the Galaxy S4 and the next HTC device rumors hit.
3. bucky (Posts: 2280; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I'v heard the same thing every year...
Also, if the galaxy s4 has a 5 inch screen I doubt people are going to take it seriously (adults anyways)
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 18409; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly every year the iPhones supposed to bomb, but every year it's the top, or top two sellers. This past holiday season was apples best Thanx to the iPhone, and mini. That doesn't sound down hill. Frankly I hope all these companies do well, so the people who like them can look forward to new, and better tech. Hater's suck.
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 18409; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Fanboy1974. Y do u want to see apple fail?
8. billybuttpounder (banned) (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Probably because he's sick of apple dictating how the industry is run, and apple BS legal shennanigans getting in the way of...oh whats the word I'm looking for...INNOVATION, that's it!
Apple patents sh*t it either did not invent, or sh*t that HAS NOT EVEN BEEN INVENTED YET.
They need to go.
13. billybuttpounder (banned) (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
I give a sh*t. Really, I do. This right here is me giving a sh*t. I don't need your permission to speak, thanks.
10. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I do not want them to fail. I want them to come out with killer hardware each and every year. They have the ecosystem but their afraid to take chances on the hardware front. And their even worse when updating iOS. And to add gas to the fire their suing the competition without being competitive. The iphone 5 was created just to catch up to Android; not surpass it.
Samsung had the balls to release the original Note when everyone laughed them off. Today I'm typing on the Note 2 and will be buying a Note 3 if Apple stays on this path.
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 18409; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Now that was an excellent post bro. Mature and to the point. +1
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 18409; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I also tried the note 2. I loved it, but didn't enjoy the camera which is very important for me as I am heavy into photography. I will be buying another one in about a month though because I really enjoyed it
14. billybuttpounder (banned) (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
You're either a liar or a fool. You do know the Note 2 will have the exact same camera as the one you allegedly bought and sold correct? Why did you sell it because you were dissatisfied only to buy another? Explain that.
Additionally, anyone "heavy into photography" is not using a phone/phablet for taking pictures.
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 18409; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I don't know you I don't know anything about you you're not a part of my life and therefore I have no need to explain myself to you I have no reason to explain myself to you and I do not have to justify anything to you I will say no more
7. billybuttpounder (banned) (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Wait wait wait - you're telling me there ARE cases for other phones besides the iphone?! You wouldn't know it just from looking at this site. Although in fairness there really isn't much more to be said about the i5 or anything apple is doing (besides suing everyone) so I guess it makes sense to report on new cases for it LOL
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 18409; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yep it does, but its actually not a bad looking case. I do wonder though how the reception will b thru leather. I bought my fiancé a rubber case for her iPhone, and its disruptive due to its thickness.
20. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Huh? The rubber must have been quite on the thick size. Friends that have the Otterbox Defender case on their iP5 haven't had signal problems. Defective display (no touch response), but not signal problems.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 18409; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
It's actually rubber with a plastic snap on lol, she demanded a blinged out case lmao. It's purple rubber and chrome colored plastic. Pretty but very thick, with it on she gets 1-2 bars, with it off she gets 4-5. Haven't noticed touch issues yet though.
22. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If she is getting 1-2 bars with the case on, something is in the case beside rubber/plastic. Try wrapping the phone in two sheets of aluminum foil with just an opening where the signal display is to get a sense of how metal blocks the signal. In a past life, I had an Otterbox Defender case covering a BB8330 with no loss of signal.
23. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I suspect the chrome coating on the plastic is killing the signal. Use the aluminum foil wrap to prove it to your GF.
PA, you need to allow editing posts longer than 2 minutes after making the post....
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 18409; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
K I'll try it and see how it does...Thanx bro
25. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
are you guys seriously bored for not writing new articles? damn this is like the second one in a week. it's JUST A CASE. give it a rest
26. iPhoneCase (Posts: 3; Member since: 31 Dec 2012)
case is Ok but yup i agree with other's it's too much about iPhone Cases i always buy iPhone Case from amanda case reviews website : newiphonecovers.blogspot.com
and find pretty much good ones with good rates...
iPhone changed every market i guess so people usually talk about things like this.
28. MillieT (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
Why don't you review something different like SF brand EDGE Designs Alfa case