Specs leak for the Sony Xperia Z2, code named Avatar
0. phoneArena 13 Sep 2013, 13:59 posted on
The Sony Xperia Z caused quite a ruckus at CES early this year, with its ability to be submerged in 3 feet of water for up to 30 minutes; the device is even available from a U.S. carrier, T-Mobile. Since then, we've seen the humungous Sony Xperia Z Ultra launched and the introduction of the Sony Xperia Z1, the first in a new line of "One Sony" camera-centric smartphones...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
53. SonyPS4 (Posts: 258; Member since: 21 May 2013)
SONY got two flagship this year Z and Z1. Z2 will be early next year flagship.
54. pwnarena (Posts: 962; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
yeah samsung does not release two flagships in a year. they release multiple versions of that one flagship (up to 5) within the same year, with the same faces.
i'd rather go to someone who makes some effort changing and improving the looks of their product rehash.
59. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Now Sony will just concentrate on Experia™ devices.
Just like Samsung's Galaxy™ HTC One™ they are all ™®
51. SonyPS4 (Posts: 258; Member since: 21 May 2013)
S4 S600/Exynos, S4 S800 ver, S4 Active. 3 different flagship so far this year. But Samsung marketing make it seems like they only got one flagship under S4 name. Sony got Z and Z1 this year. Z2 will be next year flagship.
60. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well that's really good. They are giving you options of which CPU you like
26. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2001; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Nice.... seeing the that Z1 was not successful, its only right to try again.....
45. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
They may be change their mind to produce it because of unappealing wide top and bottom bezel of honami.
33. tucutucu (Posts: 48; Member since: 03 Aug 2013)
that's y ppl's getting tired of android spam...crap every week for sure...
61. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Not crap but you can't afford to keep up with Android. Its all specs and power. Enjoy your iProducts. Which you only get 1 device to choose. Pos™
39. amats69 (Posts: 1125; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I think it is too early to talk about this phone esp if the z1 is not yet on market..its a powerful specs though
41. sarge77 (Posts: 202; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
how fast can the snapdragon go its already clocked at 2.3 why not jump on a tegra 4 chip see what it does for yah or get octa core in it something got to be different than the same old thing
49. mottykels (Posts: 372; Member since: 15 May 2013)
If it is true, what is the diifference between z1 and z2? The size?
62. Kishin (Posts: 635; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Maybe the going to make the z2 same dimensions as z1 without making the phone bigger.
Just like the Note 3
65. amansingal14 (Posts: 294; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
As far as rumour goes, Sony and Snapdragon have paired to make special SoCs from next year. They are said to be up to 20% more powerful than the then cream of crop from Snapdragon. So according to this rumour, the CPU and the GPU should be faster than the 800.
66. justsayit (Posts: 229; Member since: 09 May 2013)
what?! 2014 still using snapdragon 800??
hey sony! more and more a50 device is commin soon
and also lg may come one with quad a57 & quad a53
real killer is comming
not to mention a50 is 64bit , so we maybe can see the first 4gb ram
67. BigBoss10 (Posts: 232; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
OH GEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZ ......SO FABULOUS TAKE MY MONEY SONY!!!!! :D
73. Satnamreg (Posts: 29; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
If this is true, by the middle of 2014, sonymobile is going to be the number 1. This is awesome :) I'll upgrade my Z1 in 7-8 months :D
75. poping (unregistered)
sony's phones are always like this, a lady with a pretty face but small boobs and butt...
76. TheM16 (Posts: 80; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
that is friggin' insane !!!
Not regreting leaving Nokia for Sony
Haters gonna hate more than ever LoL .... Ouch
78. Satnamreg (Posts: 29; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
Hope they will do:
*3-4 gb or Ram;
*Silicon-anode Li-Ion battery;
*sapphire crystal instead of glass.
Will see. Not much left to wait. Only 15 weeks! In the mean time I'll enjoy my Z1.
79. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Let's hope that it will have smaller bezels. :)
80. mafflambo (Posts: 17; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
are they going to skip the z1 mini or what.. Ö