Specs leak for the Samsung Hennessy Android flip phone
If this information does pan out and Samsung deliver this model, it wouldn't be the first dual-screen flip that the manufacturer produced. Back in 2011, the SCH-W999 was introduced for China Telecom, powered by Android 2.3 with TouchWiz running on top. The model sported a pair of 3.5 inch Super AMOLED screens while a dual-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8660 processor was under the hood. A 5MP camera was on board and the device featured both GSM and CDMA 3G connectivity. With support for dual SIM cards, this model was said to be priced as high as $1570.
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
source: BlogofMobile (translated) via Tech2
17. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
The second best joke after the Galaxy S4 Zoom, or perhaps this is the best joke, especially the price.
2. ajac09 (Posts: 1375; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
1570 in dung you mean no way Id spend $15.70 let alone $1570
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3082; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
$15.70 will find many buyers...even for $157 there will be some.
I'm not sure what Samsung is going to do with the device. Maybe a limited edition, sapphire glass, gold plated, plastic free, IP58 certified phone?
7. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
WTF are you on samsung! BTW why is it every 'luxary' phone e.g..vertu ti has rubbish specs!
9. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
You would think a luxury phone would have bleeding edge tech inside of it.
8. whysoserious (Posts: 317; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
The extinct Motorola Razr v8 or v9 looks wayyyy more luxurious than this one, and you can easily find a luxury edition on ebay of this for only $100+.
10. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Samsung Hennessy? When can we expect the Samsung Jack & Coke? I'm pretty sure it'll just be a copy of the Asus Padfone.
11. ZeroCide (Posts: 706; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
$1570!!! Samsung is starting to get out of control. Someone nees to slap them upside the head and bring them back down to Earth.
12. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Everyone who commented above me, actually didn't bother to read the whole article.
16. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
A lot of people just proved their reading skills suck.
Emphasis on "Back in 2011"
14. uchihakurtz (Posts: 293; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Must be the Luxury Gold color. Problem is, is it actually real gold or gold colored plastic?
15. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I wouldn't use that as a door jam let alone carry it on my person.
Now for the price lmao, good luck Jim, the frakker is DOA.
Further proof to me that the shotgun spray of crap at the wall to see what sticks produces a pile of crap on ground beneath an its synonymous with Samsung.
18. jromy (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
Woah dude, it's just a company that makes phones and electronics...what did they do to you? Did they pee on your cereal or something?
And did you even read the article? The price mentioned is not about the phone this article is about btw