Specs for 10.5-inch Samsung SM-T800 tablet leak out: AMOLED display and state-of-the-art silicon
The device in question carries the Samsung SM-T800 model number, and it looks like the same device we've seen hit the FCC a few days ago. The regulatory filing showed a rough drawing of its back side, and now we have the alleged specs. The biggest breakthrough, of course, is having such a large Super AMOLED display with a very high resolution. This alone tells us that the SM-T800 is likely to be a costly device.
With no further ado, here are the leaked Samsung SM-T800 specs, as per SamMobile:
1. superguy (Posts: 271; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Wow - the first Samsung tablet that isn't half-a**ed.
3. tech2 (Posts: 2036; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Tell me 1 better tablet then Tab/Note pro series. Specs wise they are the front-runner.
Troll somewhere else.
4. ArtSim98 (limited) (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I'll answer for him:
All Windows 8.1 tablets. RT and full
5. tech2 (Posts: 2036; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
lol.....RT ?! Seriously ?! Even MS admits RT tablets were epic fail.
As for Full 8.1 tablets they lack severely in battery life.
6. ArtSim98 (limited) (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Fail or not, still better than Android on a tablet.
11. ihavenoname (Posts: 1377; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
F*ck no. Android and iOS are best tablet OSs atm. Period. Windows 8.1 Full is good too, but it's more suitable for PCs with mouse and keyboard (whatever M$ marketing BS says). And RT belongs to book of bad jokes.
13. elitewolverine (Posts: 1556; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
ihavenoname has no clue. 11.6in windows 8.1 tablet typing on it right now, says otherwise. Desktop apps, millions upon millions of apps the droid simply cannot run. Hey droid tablet OS, how is that Blender 3d modeling coming along?
14. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 834; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Windows(full) hybrids are already there. Suitable for tablets. too. No way back. That is the future - to have PC productivity on tablets,
Android devices are geting closer. But iOS is hopeless there.
10. Nexus4lifes (Posts: 68; Member since: 13 Feb 2014)
Hardcore aren't you...
RT seriously ly ly....?
Pro i conceed, however they are too bulky to call em tablets, it's more ultra book..
12. elitewolverine (Posts: 1556; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
I guess my super light Lenovo, 11.6in screen, windows 8 tablet, that is to thin to have a full usb port says otherwise.
Dock? yup supports that, 10hr battery life, sure the screen is outdated, but who cares. I paid 250 for the device and it runs circles around what a droid can do. Warranty and all.
Not all pro's are bulky.
16. ArtSim98 (limited) (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Ultrabooks are the best. Tablets are too big anyway to carry in your pocket. So if you already have a bag with you, why not use an ultrabook? Much more powerful, nice keyboard and 100x better functionality.
24. MrJerry (Posts: 393; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
What is RT? Is it tablet?
You made my day...
26. Nexus4lifes (Posts: 68; Member since: 13 Feb 2014)
Send n email to email@example.com... He has around a million of em in stock ... He might give one free for you...:)
25. fireblade (Posts: 694; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Motorola Xoom in its era... Too bad motorola doesn't make tablets anymore
28. Taters (Posts: 2918; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The absolute best specced tablet at the time is half assed? I knew you guys were morons but I didn't know it was that bad. The only thing they could have changed with the tab pro 8.4 is use the SD 801 instead of the SD800 and even that might not have been possible.
And despite what ArtSim98 says, choosing the more popular and the bigger bread winning OS does not qualify for half assign it.
So even then you would wrong because Samsung has made many Windows tablets and they went all out with the Ativ Q and Book 9 plus. Hardly anyone are using those resolutions yet.
2. magnanimus (Posts: 291; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Samsung, how about you support existing tablets instead of flooding the market with other stuff. I've been stuck with this extremely laggy touchwiz OS for 6 months now on the note 10.1 2014 edition. You'd think they'll release the more stable 4.4 but no. Let's flood the market some more. Never buying a Samsung tablet again.
18. alaw.14 (Posts: 133; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
My note 10.1 2014 edition never lags maybe because i have the sd800 version
23. magnanimus (Posts: 291; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Yeah. I have a feeling its that. The Exynos version is the one I own. If Samsung's own chip is less optimized than a Snapdragon's then Samsung is doing something wrong somewhere.
7. Elfmonster (Posts: 50; Member since: 23 Dec 2013)
Same here, regarding my slow azz Samsung Galaxy 10.1. I mean, how about some kitkat? I used to think people slammed Touch Whizz just for fun. But even my Samsung 8.4 is noticeably slower than my Google Nexus 7 2013. I have supported Samsung for years, but I have come to the (to me) shocking conclusion I will buy all my future Android tabs from Google Play just for the software update-y-ness. Kind of a bummer but.
8. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3197; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Sorry i dont see a tablet replacing my laptop anytime soon. Speaking of surface pro they have crap displays compared to modern android/ios tablets. Also why dont buy any decent laptop rather than a surface pro. Also surface pro wont play most x86 games whereas android/ios tablets can play their respective games.
15. elitewolverine (Posts: 1556; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
never new droid could play x86 game...go figure a game designed to push the poly count of arm can be played on well an arm
My 11.6 win 8 pro tablet runs just fine, if I wanted x86 powerhouse games, I got a desktop for that.
17. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3197; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
You missed the point. Just take a look at app stores of ipad and android. They have excellent game titles. And decent android/ipad tablets can run all these games. But x86 games (which mostly arent neatly optimised) cant run on surface pro. So if you cant play games on tablet, lack of social networking apps, no magazine store then what is the use of that tablet. Its no real tablet. And this is from somebody who has used a surface pro for a week and returned it back.
9. Taters (Posts: 2918; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I am fine with the current LCD displays. My Nexus 10 still has one of the best displays and the tab pro 8.4 display is just sick. I would like a gpe of the tab 8.4 over just about any tablet here or on the horizon.
20. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1829; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Put windows 8.1 on it, then its a hit!!!
21. Miracles (Posts: 483; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Already got the tab pro 8.4 and happy with it.