Specs and pictures of the Samsung Galaxy S 4 mini are leaked
0. phoneArena 22 Mar 2013, 17:19 posted on
Now that the Samsung Galaxy S 4 has been introduced, what about the Samsung Galaxy S 4 mini? A tweet has revealed some pictures of the device along with some specs; as you might imagine, the Samsung Galaxy S 4 mini resembles the full sized version of the phone except that the mini has a smaller footprint than the upcoming Android flagship...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. jcarrigan (unregistered)
Can someone please explain why buying one of these mini's is any different from buying a mid range "galaxy" phone with a different title?
13. Taters (Posts: 5776; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Probably just more up to date software and slightly better specs and better design.
17. jcarrigan (unregistered)
hm good point
3. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Fail, at least offer the same specs on the s4 mini!!!
28. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Then it would sell way more than the big S4...
34. Igneel (unregistered)
maybe it won't out sell the S4 but I'm sure it'll still sell like hotcakes! Not everyone want huge phones. I'm still waiting for a high end with 4.3" screen T_T
4. uchihakurtz (Posts: 323; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
A dual core?? I hope it's an S4 pro. What would've been perfect for S4 Mini : quad core Exynos 4, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB storage, and more importantly, 4-4.3 inch 720p AMOLED screen. I need a small phone. It looks cool though.
18. Taters (Posts: 5776; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I am hoping for a Qualcomm 600 clocked at 1ghz, 2gb ram, 32gb storage, 2100 mah battery, and 768p 4inch screen.
I doubt it though. I would settle for GS3 specs with the size of a GS1 or Nexus S.
Maybe the HTC M4 if the M7(HTC One) doesn't take up their entire budget for 2013. Seeing all the ads and seeing how Apple gets a cut now would suggest that it is going to take the entire budget, which is sad.
The Xiaomi Phone 2 would sell like hot cakes here. Samsung should just buy it and release it as the GS4 mini.
19. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
S4 features on the s2 design and size
21. uchihakurtz (Posts: 323; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
LOL that spec would've outsell the SGS III. They should be make the spec just below the S III, since S III Mini is just 200 MHz, half of storage, and 0.3 mpx below but the same resolution as the S II.
So according to pattern of S III Mini: it should be: 1.2-1.4 GHz Exynos/or other Quad CPU, 1 GB of RAM, and well 5-8 mpx camera with 720p resolution. Now that's perfect.
5. GTR722 (Posts: 255; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Looks more appealing than the S4, 4.3 is -my- sweet point for phones screen. Lets hope the screen its a super PLS and not amoled not plus.
7. SGSatlantis (Posts: 222; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
So does this make the iPhone 5 a micro?!
10. Taters (Posts: 5776; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I would personally use scrawny, puny, petite feminine, tooth pick like, or inadequate to describe the size of the iphone 5.
15. SGSatlantis (Posts: 222; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
I wasn't trying to offend anyone, but you're right, puny fits better.
8. shy2papa (Posts: 238; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
Look samsung you are really starting to piss me off I just learned today that samsung also makes ships WHAT? And you can't make one Premium Android Phone at all, one would wonder with all the phones samsung brings out every year there would be atleast one quality phone. The front of your phone are covered with gorilla glass all you have todo cover the back with metal, aluminum, even gorilla glass or plexxy glass, call the ship division and ask them to send over some metal
9. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
They have stopped using metal, aluminium when the first Galaxy series!
If you look back at there phones from 2003 till 2009 it's quality!
I wonder why do they love plastic....? It looks cheap!
14. tiara6918 (Posts: 1946; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Look at the galaxy tab7.7 and the blue galaxy note1(international version)both of them don't use cheap looking plastic
12. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
and that, folks, is how Samsung milks the Galaxy brand.
16. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1177; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I feel like the resolution is wrong. Samsung has never used qHD before. So it's probably a crappy WVGA display.
20. RohanM (Posts: 136; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
all devices looks the same now. one can not identify which is s3 mini s4 mini s3 or s4 or even grand !!!
22. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Phonearena this is quite interesting
haha excuse me for this being unrelated :D
23. someones4 (Posts: 622; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
No one told me that samsung makes the iPhone 7 as well.
24. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Samsung is getting boring .. really boring like Apple.
25. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
LOL. Look at the S4 Mini's screen, "Life is..." ???
32. abbas1997 (Posts: 7; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
5.9 inch FHD(373 ppi) 2ghz octo-core exynos 5 3gb ram 13mp camera spen
30. Andrewtst (Posts: 521; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Those mini version is crap, it actually lousy spec than some middle range phone.
31. abbas1997 (Posts: 7; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
what if an iphone mini comes.....it would be like 2 inches lol
35. BitterTruth (unregistered)
Resolution should be atleast 720p.
37. scoot (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Nov 2011)
Correct it, PA. On main picture there are S4, S3 and S4 mini.
Am I first to notice that left and center phones are NOT the same?!