South Korea to route US communications over non-Huawei gear
0. phoneArena 14 Feb 2014, 17:43 posted on
South Korea has been in the midst of making advances in its wireless networks, many of which...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sipha (Posts: 107; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Obviously the koreans are doing this under the advisement(or pressure) from the Americans.. & it just sickens me whenever the US does this, taking extraordinary measures with no evidence whatsoever...
7. papss (Posts: 2904; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
You mean the same south Korea that gets major help in all areas from the US and protection from that pathetic brat kid up north? Oh okay.
10. sipha (Posts: 107; Member since: 12 May 2012)
1st of all, south korea doesn't need protection from anyone against anyone...it has a strong 9 million military(Almost double that of the US) and enough money(100 times more than North) to handle itself against anyone... Anyhow what are these areas you speak of??
15. newuser1 (Posts: 70; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Then what is US military base doing in south korea ? US want to invade korea?
16. sipha (Posts: 107; Member since: 12 May 2012)
They're just allias with a common enemy, working together.. Thats something you got to understand is that both SK & US are enemies of the North, the is no one sided advantage in their allians.. Thats very different from needing protection!!
20. werfish (Posts: 8; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
9 milion? It would be impossible to maintain such army over peace, even china has something about 2,5 milion, but i agree that south korea doesnt need Us presence there anymore
18. Taters (Posts: 2139; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Typical American retardism. I suggest you start using your brain and pay closer attention to the world outside of the USA. It might enlighten you.
2. marbovo (Posts: 414; Member since: 16 May 2013)
OK, now just the US "have the right" to spy other people...
4. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 169; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Huawei and ZTE gear is not compatible with US spying.
8. papss (Posts: 2904; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Yep.. No other country does it at all.. Can I have what you are drinking?
3. Taters (Posts: 2139; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Apple and the US are absolutely disgusting and need to be taught a lesson for ruining the good name of companies like Samsung and Huawei. When is someone else besides Huawei and Samsung going to stand up for this Yankee injustice?
6. papss (Posts: 2904; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Teach the US a lesson please.. You can take your china loving as$ to one of their sites to talk to. I'll take the US all day everyday. Yankee?? Wow that's a politically correct term you tard
5. nobelset (Posts: 261; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
South Korea's not dumb though, just saying. It's one of the leaders in technology and it won't provoke its main import & export partner for no reason.However, with the NSA sneaking around and stuff, I'll sit on the fence in this matter.
9. orca99 (Posts: 80; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
US being a main import/export partner is not really an issue as China has surpassed US as the main import/export partner many years ago. S. Korea's import/export volume with China more than doubles that with the US. It's more of a political issue, not an economic one.
17. nobelset (Posts: 261; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Yea, I was talking about China. And even though it is a political issue, we all know money plays a role.
12. newuser1 (Posts: 70; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Again, US only allow the world being spyed by US government, they do not allow US government spyed by others. what is going on in this world?
I don't feel safe in the society like this.
13. newuser1 (Posts: 70; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
US government force other countries to buy equipment shipped from US that can spy their country, and force other countries not to buy those equipment has possibility to spy on others. Then only US government can and must spy others, all others not allowed to spy on US.
19. dome888 (Posts: 19; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
south korea made the right decision, we can't trust the chinese than americans.